cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello all. New to me 99 310 Sundancer....

Boui_Boy
Guest Contributor

Hello all. New to me 99 310 Sundancer. First time placing it in a trailer and a little worried about height clearance as I am moving it about 300 miles over highway. Legal height is 14’which it looks like we are at 13’-11” at the top of the radar tower with the GPS, radar and lights removed. How difficult are those items to remove and if need be how difficult is the tower to remove?  Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4

Seabuz
Guest Contributor
Wow it’s been a while but when I moved my 08 310, I removed the radar tower too. Under the hard top I have a deck plate opening it reveals the four nuts holding the tower on. It’s not easy but you can work your hand in and unscrew the nuts. Hopefully they didn’t use 5200 to bed it down. Once everything is free a good shot side to side should loosen it. You should gain at least a foot or more clearance. Just remember don’t use 5200 when you re install it.

d9ever
Guest Contributor
I have a 2000 340 DA I trailer from N. Idaho to Anacortes every year. I put a short radar stand on to make it easier to take the radar off the arch for bridge clearance. That puts the top height at 13'11". That clears all of the bridges on I-90 to Anacortes. The mount is a 3" mount made by SeaScan(Model A300 or F300). Cheapest price I found was $159.99 at <2040-parts.com>

d9ever
Guest Contributor
Seabuz--by the way, I leave my GPS antenna installed

d9ever
Guest Contributor
Seabuz heres a frontal shot of the stand with radar on