cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Have a 2014 330 Sundancer....

Kyle_R_
Guest Contributor

Help! Have a 2014 330 Sundancer. Accidentally left battery charger off and at next use my port engine turned over slowly but started. After being out for the day port motor would not start songs to hit the crossover emergency start switch. Engine started however I then pulled in the windlass and it completely drained port batteries and cut the port engine. SmartCraft now saying “communication loss with port motor” and will not start. Mercruiser dealer seems a little dumbfounded and said “may need a new computer”.  He was able to Hotwire the port motor and turns over fine, so definitely electrical or computer related.  FYI- starboard motor starts and runs fine and all batteries now fully charged.  Anyone ever had this occur or have any tips? Thank you!  

2 REPLIES 2

wingless
Rising Contributor
The systems will have undefined action when the battery voltage is insufficient.

If problems remain w/ normal batteries then those should be addressed.

Kyle_R_
Guest Contributor
I'm wondering if could also be related to the DTS throttle controls. Mercruiser tech was doing to bring a separate harness to try to isolate computer on motor or something with smartcraft/DTS at helm.