Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HI  New to the SeaRay community..  I...

Mark1969
Guest Contributor

HI

New to the SeaRay community..

I have a 1994 SeaRay 230 Sundancer that unfortunately was made in the Arizona plant..I say unfortunately because SeaRay has told me that they don't have any: 

• (SERAssssmyxx) - Phoenix Plant - Arizona ... NO Original Canvas patterns. If the same boat model (210BR, 270DA for example) was made in Tennessee, we can sell the canvas for the Tennessee boat, but CANNOT GUARANTEE FIT, as the Arizona boats had different hull, deck and arch molds and the Top Frames were made by a different manufacturer, so you MAY need to replace the frame. There are NO ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS or RETURNS on any canvas or frames sold for an Arizona HIN boat.

My boat came with the rear camper canvas but not the bars/frame that goes with it. Does anyone know the measurements of those bars/frame and can someone provide measurements/pictures.

thanks for any help

Mark

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the community.

FWIW, this only needs to be posted one time.

This image shows the camper canvas, w/ the frame.

Good luck!

http://boatselect-images.com/boats/933/FL/102920/image_1.jpg

wingless
Rising Contributor
My guess is that the forward canvas is already complete and installed on your boat.

It looks like the camper canvas adds a large rectangular stainless hoop, w/ curved corners, attached to the deck. Attached to that large hoop is a smaller hoop, angled forward, perpendicular to the large hoop.

There is probably a fabric strap in each rear corner, attached to the camper interior, to hold the rear down to the deck when the sides are removed.

The Sailrite site sells everything required to complete this installation. They also offer terrific technical support.

http://www.sailrite.com/All-Hardware/Boat-Hardware/Frames-and-Tubing

The trick is going to be to get the tubing legs the correct length so the canvas is tight.

If this were me, I would make the large hoop a little long, install the canvas and the hoop w/o screwing it to the deck, then measure the lengths and the angles. I would then use geometry to calculate the correct length for the large hoop.

The small hoop length is correct when the two tubes are perpendicular. Small adjustments are possible by sliding the fitting up or down on the large hoop.

wingless
Rising Contributor
This kit has three hoops. Your installation requires two hoops. That would give an extra hoop in-case the 1st pass on the installation doesn't go well, leaving spare parts to try again.

http://www.sailrite.com/Frame-7-8-Aluminum-3-Bow-With-Fittings-Max-106-x-60

RBnportside
Guest Contributor
Have you tried "Great Lakes Boat Top" in Vonore, Tn. They at least would have patterns and /or canvas replacements, if your '94 230 model was also made in Tennessee.

Mark1969
Guest Contributor
Hi RBnportside,

I have tried them but when I gave them my HIN number they stated it was made in their Arizona plant which has now been closed…but said that basically the Arizona plant went rogue and therefore they can sell me the bars but absolutely no refunds/returns….so it would be entirely at my own risk and that 50% of the ones they sold aren't working for the boats made there and the others have had to go to their local fabric shops to get small alterations made in order for the canopy to work.

thanks for the help