cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought a 2013 280 Sundancer last...

Johnny_P
Guest Contributor

I bought a 2013 280 Sundancer last fall and now that it’s in the water and running well, I heard a humming, like my bulge pump was running. I soon learned that the noise was from my refrigerators. Is there anything that can be done to quiet these appliances?

5 REPLIES 5

Crews__Control
Guest Contributor
not that I am aware of. mine in the cabin hums quite nicely but works well also

Drago
Rising Contributor
You could possibly use some sort of rubber isolation pads similar to what are used on air compressors to reduce vibration noise.

PJW
Guest Contributor
Mine was having a similar problem until I realized it was a cabinet door next to the refrigerator that was rattling. Once I fixed that everything was a lot quieter.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The refrigerator moving parts are the compressor and the fans. Assuming there are not loose parts vibrating, then it is "easy" enough to disconnect the fans to determine if the audible noise is from the compressor or the fans.

If the fan noise is objectionable, then it is likely that the fan bearings are starting to fail. Replace with equivalent dimensional size part. Ball bearing fans are frequently used where longer service life / less audible noise is required.

Ensure that the total DC current drawn by the replacement fans does not exceed that available from the refrigerator controller, frequently 500mA from a Danfoss system.

Johnny_P
Guest Contributor
Thanks for all of you comments/suggestions. It looks like my refrig. noise is in the fans, and probably has to do with the motors themselves, like wingless suggested. Will have to pull and replace with motors that have ball bearings. At least the work is above board. t