cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just purchased my first Sea Ray...

YUTZ
Guest Contributor

I just purchased my first Sea Ray cruiser. I have a 2003 380  Sundancer and I am having problems with the gauges on the fresh water and the gray water tanking reading the levels. When I push the fresh water gauge all the levels light up all the time. There are water level lights for the grey tank right next to the toilet but only the power light will light not the low mid or full lights. Any sugestions?

3 REPLIES 3

Chris-380
Guest Contributor
These displays are notorious for doing this. What most have found is there are 4 transistors that go bad and cause them to stay lit. If you go to clubsearay.com, there is several post and a nice guy named "speaker dude" that will fix it for free if you ship it to him. or if you can solder, just order 50 of them for $10 bucks and fix it yourself.... good luck, mine is working great now

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum. Good luck w/ your new boat.

FYI, the Vacuflush waste tank is black water not grey water. Grey water is from showers and washing machines, not from toilets. The 380DA grey water tank is under the salon floor, for the shower, the head floor drain and the two AC condensation drains, w/ automatic overboard discharge.

The typical problem w/ the Vacuflush level sensors is those sliding float switches becoming stuck because of crud accumulation.

On my boat I snipped that wiring harness and properly installed a nice inline connector. Now I just unscrew and remove that switch level sensor assembly for remote cleaning.

Removal of that sensor assembly also creates a large opening to the tank interior. I use that to permit scrubbing the interior tank walls. The tank is first properly evacuated, w/ the deck plate pumpout, or the macerator pumpout, then the empty tank is scrubbed w/ a looong brush and cleaning agents.

This permits a visual inspection through the side walls of the level, not only needing to use the level sensors.

Chris-380
Guest Contributor
thanks wingless, my info is for the fresh water tng gauge, the blackwater is usually due to TP buildup on the floats, i cleaned mine last year (first year owning the boat). i also installed a plug to be able to unplug the sensors and remove them without twisting the wires