cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just purchased a 2007 340 Sundancer. ...

DPotash
Guest Contributor

Just purchased a 2007 340 Sundancer.  Boat came with a Raymarine C80 chartplotter which I would like to replace as i am having trouble seeing the display.  Can anyone tell me if a new version regardless of manufacturer can just be swapped out.  Will the original transducer work or does it need to be replaced.  No clue how any of this works.IF a transducer does need to be replaced as well is that something that can happen with the boat in the water or does it need to be pulled.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Vinster
Guest Contributor
The screen on the C80 can be replaced to like new for @$450. The transducers are Airmar, made for searay and a dealer item. You can get a direct replacement, from Airmar, using same plastic sleeve to work with any GPS. My speed transducer works when it wants to, cleaned by diver, but I have a garmin 942xs, installed in center pad behind the steering wheel. I keep the C80 as a back up unit and when I need sonar. For engine diagnostics, I use the mercruiser vessel view on my phone. I like this option as I can take snapshots while under way to create a trend log spreadsheet after to monitor engine functions over time/ trips.

Capt__Jim
Guest Contributor
I just had my marine service center swap out the old C80 and installed a new 9 inch Raymarine Axiom touchscreen. Raymarine makes a kit for the swap. Used the same transducer.

PJS
Guest Contributor
The short answer is yes on that year it can be used with a new MFD. However, if you are installing a new MFD it would make sense to replace (you can purchase a transducer bundled with the MFD). I replace the C80 with Simrad 12" and replace to a higher power transducer (better consistent depth with better sonar). FYI... the Mercruiser VesselView Smart Craft is only compatible with 2 manufacturers; Raymarine and Simrad. I have multiple MFS and get the mechanical vitals on my MFD.

Vinster
Guest Contributor
If you want vessel view, Get the 703 unit, install in center helm under Gauges. Expect $2500 nice unit. For the C80, if Garmin is your gig, the 8610 fits nicely in that slot, with a new backer plate. Match that up with a new dome and your up-to-date in the electronics world - total above for about $7500 + install if your not a DIY' at.