cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My '01 310 Sundancer has no rod...

Genny
Guest Contributor

My '01 310 Sundancer has no rod holders. I like to fish a little once in a while, nothing serious but something I do.

I have installed several"clamp-on" rocket launchers, but I really need a few on the gunnels.

Is there anything in that space,between the hull and the inner wall, from aft to about where the arch starts, that would be in the way. I don't want to bore a hole & run into something. Wish I could x-ray it!

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
What happens if this starboard hatch door is opened and the guts inside that compartment are removed?

https://images.boattrader.com/resize/1/27/56/262756_20190913041117318_2_LARGE.jpg

Does it permit jamming a head inside, or a camera inside to determine what exists on the bottom surface of the gunnel?

Same question for the port side hatch forward of the gunnel step.

Genny
Guest Contributor
Yes, I can fit one on each side if I wish to sacrifice those storage areas. I'm hoping to put them forward(or aft) of them if there's no interference.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Sorry my prior post was not clear.

The OP was in inquiry about what exists within the volume between the exterior hull and the cockpit walls.

If those existing compartment doors and guts are removed, to perform visual inspections of the volume contents, then an informed decision may be made of the options for surface mount rod holders.

Then replace those compartment parts, without also putting a rod holder at those locations.

FWIW, those steps were VERY handy on my boat during some of the modifications and upgrades. I used my digital camera and captured / saved many images that have helped throughout the years of ownership.

Genny
Guest Contributor
Can't see beyond the solid compartment walls..are they removeable?maybe?

wingless
Rising Contributor
Right.

In every instance on my boat those internal compartments could be unscrewed, then those compartment liners removed, exposing the volume between the hull and the cockpit walls.

Doesn't that option exist on your boat?

Genny
Guest Contributor
I don't know....i didn't see any screws, but I'm gonna take another look now. Thanks, I'll let you know.