cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New owner 2006 290SD.. looking...

brett6
Guest Contributor

New owner 2006 290SD.. 

looking for information on adding pump out thru hull on vacuflush system holding tank..

has anyone done add on conversion and what’s needed..

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Always follow ABYC and the manufacturer's instructions. Attempt to duplicate the OEM installation.

FWIW, the OEM macerator overboard discharge on my 2000 380DA uses a seacock one size larger than required w/ a bronze reducer bushing at the seacock.

The factory installed a switch w/ bracket to ensure the discharge pump is disabled unless the seacock handle is in the open position. My practice is to close the seacock and remove the handle, except when in use to comply w/ the disabled lockout requirements.

The Dometic holding tanks are super slippery and possibly impossible for gluing onto w/ other parts. Hopefully yours already has the required additional hole.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-g7o41rcupc/product_images/uploaded_images/vacuflush-system.jpg

A discharge pump has two Joker valves, the head pump has four.

https://www.dometic.com/en-us/outdoor/hygiene-and-sanitation/sanitation/boat-pumps/t-series-waste-discharge-pump-12v-dc-33614

Ensure the plumbing and wiring is all secure, proper and per ABYC. Follow OEM as much as possible.

Note when drilling through the hull, my preference is to scoop out inner coring and fill w/ thickened epoxy. I also line the hole bore w/ thickened epoxy so the sealant is not the sole protection for water intrusion into the inner hull.

brett6
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the information.. just starting multiple projects and this one on the list..
Cheers

wingless
Rising Contributor
FWIW, one of the upgrades I did on my boat was the addition of a raw water wash down on the bow, for cleaning my all-chain rode and anchor.

My father was against me popping another hole in the hull, but I could not be deterred.

Once I drilled the measure 6X, cut once hole I discovered that my 3" through hull needed to be a little more than an inch longer. Getting my hands on the 6" version caused a slight delay in reassembly.