cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have a 2004 Sundancer 320. Once...

SRSD320
Guest Contributor

We have a 2004 Sundancer 320. Once in a while we want to carry an inflatable and a 2.5 HP, and don't want a permanent mount system on the swim grid. For the inflatable (9' air floor roll-up), it's easy: strap the deflated bundle (4' x 3' x 1') onto the forward deck between the rails; or tow it if traveling slow. For the 2.5 HP, it's not so easy: now it's on a cradle which i strap onto the swim grid.

I wonder what other owners have done?

I'm considering a removable railing mounted on either side of the stern locker, with a T post screwed into a base on the narrow rear deck above the swim grid, and a West Marine outboard mount plate clamped onto the railing T.

I'd appreciate any thoughts, comments, ideas.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

wingless
Rising Contributor
When I was toting my 15 hp outboard on my 2000 380DA, I would contort this as a snug fit into my swim platform locker, where fenders are normally stored. It was an excellent location for the engine.

Acon
Guest Contributor
I have a 98 290 and tow an Achilles 9'6" air floor with a 4hp Yamaha 2 stroke. You can run on plane with it as long as the dinghy is far enough back but some channels are tight so you want to bring it in closer when going through them but I keep 100' of tow line with a bridle set up to spread the load across the tow points on the dinghy. Otherwise I deflate it and fill it back up. My outboard is easily stored on deck with a towel down first.