cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 SLX-400 Electrical Configuration

TheSubtleArt
Guest Contributor

Hi everyone. I need a little bit of information - hopefully from another 400 owner. Thank you in advance.

1. Should I turn OFF the house battery when leaving the boat connected to shore power during the week when I'm not using the vessel?

2. I have 2 refrigerators in the cockpit and 1 in the cabin. Should all 3 have power when connected to shore power and the house battery is OFF? Currently only 1 cockpit refrigerator works without the house battery on.

3. Which lights, if any, should have power when connected to shore power and the house battery is OFF? Currently no lights in the cabin or cockpit have power without the house battery on.

6 REPLIES 6

TheSubtleArt
Guest Contributor

In case it helps anyone else, I'm sharing Sea Ray's response to an email at the same time I posted here. It appears the refrigerators and lights are incorrectly wired on my new vessel. Kudo's to Sea Ray Tech Support for their near instant response. I confess I wasn't expecting a quick response.

Sea Ray Tech Support (formatted for clarity):

1. Yes we would suggest turning off your battery switches when not using your boat. Connected to Shore Power ,and your Battery Charger on, will keep the Batteries charged.

2. All 3 Refrigerators are powered by 110v and would be on if you have your Shore power connected. The Cockpit Refrigerators are on line 2 and the Cabin Refrigerator is on line 1.

3. The only ways that you will have lights with your Battery switch off and On Shore Power, is if you have your Inverter on.

In case this helps anyone, thought I'd add to the conversation. 

1. I always take the Port, Starboard, House battery switches to the off position, when not using the boat for that day. I do leave them on when moored or at the dock and still plan to use the boat that day.

2. I have figured, out the expensive way, that one cockpit refrigerator and the cabin refrigerator are DC powered, and if I'm not connected to Shore Power, it will drain the House batteries over time.  A fully discharged AGM battery never recovers fully.

wingless
Rising Contributor

Liking the Sea Ray Tech Support reply shared by @TheSubtleArt . Thanks very much for sharing.

In my case, on decades w/ my 2000 380DA, both banks of my battery switches are always on. I toggle on/off the generator bank based on usage. The engine key switches are always off, except during usage, for the extra security.

Yes, other than lights and other specific DC systems, the boat will be "happy" either way. The bilge pumps and the CO detectors are always-on powered.

tdoneit
Guest Contributor

G.M, I HAVE A SR 2022 SLX 400 , SWIM PLATFORM DOES NOT GO DOWN CORRECTLY , ONLY THE STARBOARD SIDE WILL GO UP AND DOWN , TECHS HAVE REPLACED TIMER, NEAR HELM , CHECKED POWER TO BOTH TRIM PACKS THAT CONTROL THE HYDRAULIC S, THERE SCRATCHING THERE HEADS, ANY IDEAS ? THANK YOU

tdoneit
Guest Contributor

G.M, AGM 31M SERIE BATTERIES ARE 2 YEARS OLD ON A 2022 SLX 400 , CHARGER IS A PRONAUTICA 12-60P  , WHEN WE ARE IN SLIP CGARGER ALWAYS ON , DURING WINTER BOAT IS INSIDE WITH CHARGER ON , GETTING READING ON THE SR  APP FOR BATTERIES THAT SEEM LOW , 2-INVERTER BATTERIES ,13.2 VOLTS/ GOOD / 1- PORT BATTERY 12.6 VOLTS / 1-STARBOARD BATTERY 12.3 VOLTS /3-HOUSE BATTERIES 12.3 VOLTS / ALL 0 AMPS , TEMPS ARE 50 ISH ON BATTERIES

BY THE WAY 1-STARBOARD AGM BATTERY , 1-HOUSE BATTERY & 1-INVERTER BATTERY WAS CHANGED LAST YEAR 5-1-2023 , BY MM TECH , THE CHARGER NEVER SHOWS FAULTS , 14.6 VOLTS & 60 AMPS ON DISPLAY , I WOULD HOPE I WOULD GET MORE THEN 2 SEASONS (7 MONTHS ) PER SEASON OUT OF AGM BATTERIES

tegarre
Guest Contributor

Thought I'd add to this, for what it is worth. I have a 2020 SLX 400. The AGM 31 Series 3-House and 2-Inverter batteries were replaced in 2022, after 2 years of service. (The onboard Power Converter failed, and the batteries lost all charge while we were away for a bit. The batteries would not hold charge again, after the Power Converter was replaced. AGM batteries don't do well after a full discharge.) I replaced the port and starboard engine batteries in 2023, after 3 years of service - whoo-hoo. I am now replacing 2-House batteries again, after less that 2 years of service, ugh!