cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aft seat on 2018 SLX 230

TimUSMC
Guest Contributor

Hey everyone. I am having some difficulty with the aft bench seat and hoping you guys can help me out with either fixing or where to purchase a whole new one. The adjustable flip up back of it got stuck in the up position and now will not go back down. I had to remove the pad and push the brackets all the way down just to be able to put my cover back on. Any ideas on how to fix or a site that I can purchase a new bench seat assembly?  Thanks!

-TH

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor

Welcome to the forum.

Why not save a kiloword and provide image(s)?

It sounds like a mechanical (bracket) problem, not a seat cushion problem.

It may be that Sailrite has the required replacement part.

TimUSMC
Guest Contributor

Wingless thanks for the reply. I have attached a picture of the problem. From what I have been able to research on the parts manual is that it is only sold as a complete assembly. The issue I am having is finding one!  The brackets that hold the adjustable pad on is where the problem is. The issue I am having is either getting those off without having to tear apart the entire seat (doesn’t look like they are removable) to get to any screws that may hold these brackets on. 

they usually click open when you pull up the adjustable pad then when done you normally just pull it a couple clicks forward and will go back down but for some reason it wouldn’t work and is now stuck. 
So…in order to get my cover back on I had to remove the pad and push the brackets down forward flush with the sun pad. 

I’m hesitant to pull the cushions off and damage the whole assembly lol. I’m not real familiar with this kind of stuff!  

70630803275__428B32F7-9123-45C7-A294-E00DB5401DAD.jpeg

wingless
Rising Contributor

Thanks for the update.

The seat cushions will be a coated plywood base, with foam, plastic and fabric attached.

The seat cushions are attached to the boat, usually w/ oval head stainless screws, using stainless finishing washers.

The access to those retention screws is from the other side, probably from the engine room w/ the hatch open.

Sea Ray built the boat using a specific sequence. It is possible to remove all the parts by determining and reversing that sequence. Figuring out and implementing that process is the fun (seriously).

TimUSMC
Guest Contributor

thanks for the reply!  The whole sun pad lifts up and there is storage underneath.  The sun pad is bolted on both 4 bolts on either side onto brackets connected to hydraulic slides. Aside from those bolts there are no others. I will see what I can do with it tomorrow while I’m home and get the pad off. I’ll follow up with what happens. Thanks again for your help!

wingless
Rising Contributor

YW

Thanks for the info.

As a demonstration of my firm grasp of the obvious, please be very careful during disassembly as some of the parts at that location support the very heavy mass and it would be VERY BAD for it to experience an uncontrolled crash down from hardware removal!

TimUSMC
Guest Contributor

Wingless. Will do thank you again for your help!