cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to access...

Rod_s_Julzz
Guest Contributor

Does anyone know how to access dash instrument panel from the back. Need to remove depth finder. I have a 1997 400 DA Sundancer. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

The "wood" panels have screws retaining the perimeter.

https://images.boattrader.com/resize/1/18/3/291803_20200520065201296_6_LARGE.jpg

On my boat I made it so that the factory "hinge", permitting the unscrewed panel to be flopped to the starboard, having a single wire bundle following the factory wiring bundle is retained.

On my boat, I put a towel onto the throttles and the window sill and just flop the dash panels to the side.

That removal exposes the dash rear, the volume behind the MFD to the left, plus the rear of the dash on both sides of the steering wheel.

The hinged door below the wheel also permits access.

Is the problem that the aftermarket wiring prohibits nice repositioning of those panels?

Rod_s_Julzz
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the reply. In viewing the attached image, it appears that you have an Apelco fish finder plotter in the same location as on mine. My LCD screen is burned in the middle and I’d like to see if I can remove but need access to get to it. What’s the best approach?

wingless
Rising Contributor
YW.

Not my boat, that is from the Interlink.

Unscrew the perimeter and it hopefully flops nicely to the starboard. When I got my boat that flopping to the side was impossible.

After I completed my rewiring the serviceability intended by the factory was restored.