cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello all, I want to install dinghy...

Knotacare
Guest Contributor

Hello all, I want to install dinghy davits on the swim platform for my 2006 440DA. Has anyone had experience using Hurley davits? Would appreciate any guidance you can offer. Thanks in advnce

12 REPLIES 12

Philski
Guest Contributor
I have the Hurley H2O mounted hauling out a 11’ RIB w a 6 hp motor. It is a one person job lifting it out of the water but it is much easier with 2. The H30 looks like an easier system

I did not have a choice of product it came with the boat. But if I was to do it I would look into thedinghtydavit.com.

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
I installed a pair of Nautley Davits, if I were to do it again I'd choose the Hurley System. My dinghy weight with the motor is 155lbs. I installed a small winch, now it's a one person job to lift it. The Nautley system uses cheap stainless fasteners and they're all rusted.

L550Castaway
Guest Contributor
I had an '07 44 and then a '08 48. I had a great system that is not made anymore on my 44, but on my 48 I got the H30. My buddy had the H20 and once I got the H30 he upgraded as it was much easier to do alone. If you have a very light let up w. 2 people then you will be OK w. the 2, but if you want something more substantial go w. the 3. Personally I had a 10.6' RIB Console w. a 30 HP and had the H30+ w. the power winch and it worked very well - once you get a system of how to do it its easy and safe and I could do it by myself.

Pizan
Guest Contributor
I’m in the process of installing an Olsson RS-5 davit system in my 390DA. I purchased a Highfield CL340 with 25 hp Tohatsu. The system is rated for up to 500 lbs. carries a motorized lift system.

Captdkw
Guest Contributor
I have a Hurley 3rd option on my Fly460. It works very well hauling my 10’ alum hull Achilles with 10hp 4 stroke. I can haul it by myself just by grabbing the bow line and sliding it up than pushing down on the bow and swinging onto the platform. Sometimes it helps to have 2 people do this.
It came with a retrieval bar and winch. But I found that more of a hassle then it’s worth. But using that the wife could haul the boat aboard by herself. The best part of the H3O is its small footprint on the platform with the dinghy in the water. Covering the boat in the winter is a snap too as it has nice rounded corners with no sharp edges.

brad
Guest Contributor
Hurley Davits suck we tried on our 34 searay and moved to a hydraulic dive platform. If you want to try the Hurley we will sell them to you cheap.

Jeffs_420
Guest Contributor
I have the Hurley 30 davit system on my 2003 420 with a 10' Brigg with 20 HP motor. Once I got used to winching the dinghy onto the davit, it works quite well and is a one man operation. I looked into a hydraulic platform, but it was cost prohibitive

Stuframp
Guest Contributor
I have the Hurley H20 on my Sundancer 320 and it works great. Really like how easy to remove and store from swim deck after dinghy launched. Only issue is my dinghy/outboard and are somewhat heavy (230lbs) to haul out by hand. I ended up rigging a winch system to retrieve it using a come along, that works quite well. If buying again might have considered the H30.

Knotacare
Guest Contributor
Thanks for all the suggestions re davits. Stuframp, could you send me a picture of your rig?

Len1
Guest Contributor
We tried the Hurley davit on our 07 36 Sedan Bridge. We have a Brigg F330 with 20hp Honda. All in with fuel it weighs approx 430lbs. Was a little heavy for us to winch up and it was lower to the water than we would have liked. Removed and returned. Company was very good about the return and issued full refund. We went with the Kato davits. Company is in Annapolis MD (https://katomarine.com/index.html). Have used these davits for over 5 years with no problems. Keeps the dinghy horizontal and is very easy to launch and retrieve. See picture.

L550Castaway
Guest Contributor
The 44DA has an integrated platform that is very high off the water (had same boat). Unless you are using a VERY LIGHT set up, I would not recommend the traditional Hurley davit, you will be disappointed. If you are considering the H3O then you will be OK.

Knotacare
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the input folks! Going with the H 3O.