cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone. I'm a Newbie boat...

GeePea
Guest Contributor

Hello everyone. I'm a Newbie boat owner. I just purchased a 2007 240 SD. It has a Sealand portable head. My wife hates operating it. Can it be upgraded? 

7 REPLIES 7

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Great idea endeavoring to keep the wife happy!!!

FYI the model designation for the 240 Sundancer is 240DA.

Isn't this the Vacuflush head on that boat?

https://yc-prod-imagestore.s3.amazonaws.com/original/com.yachtcloser.server.om.VesselImage/00/01/38/35/0001383557.jpg

If not please post an image.

What issues exist w/ the head?

The Vacuflush is an acceptable system when usage doesn't violate the requirements.

GeePea
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the correction and reply. What I have is the Sanipottie which is a portable unit. I want to upgrade the unit. I was told by the service tech at my marina that no other unit would fit that space. I tried to attach a pic but it was too large to send.

GeePea
Guest Contributor
https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/products/hygiene-and-sanitation/sanitation/rv-toilets/dometic-sanipottie-962-_-25342

wingless
Rising Contributor
Assuming the linked image shows the correct head, then it looks like the Vacuflush was an option, meaning it is possible to upgrade.

Possible is far different than appropriate to implement. The parts cost will be large.

If the installation is beyond the owners DIY skills then those costs will also be large. I would be surprised if the technician did the installation anywhere near as good as the factory.

My suggestion is to enjoy the boat, retaining this head as-is, then make a more experienced selection on the next boat. The next boat should have a factory installed Vacuflush head.

GeePea
Guest Contributor
Thank you so much for the info.

Knot_Therapy
Guest Contributor
I have a 250 DA and was looking at the upgrade to a Vacuflush as well. After much deliberation I opted for the sanipotty 965 MSD (with the five gallon tank) it did increase the usefulness of the head. For around 165.00. If you look at the vacuflush it’s about 1000.00 in parts alone. Not a practical improvement. As wingless mentioned you just need to start a list for the “next boat” than throw money at the current. Use that money for planned maintenance and upkeep to keep the value up.

GeePea
Guest Contributor
Thanks. My plan is to get a 350DA in about 2 years. The head will definitely be at the top of the list.