cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello fellow SeaRay owners, Has...

Scandrow
Guest Contributor

Hello fellow SeaRay owners,

Has anyone ever had to replace glass on their SeaRay's?  The center section of my 270SLX's windshield was broken while trailering.  I assume a rock hit it.  In any case, being a Taylor Made (TM) windshield, I figured a quick phone call to TM would have the replacement glass on its way.  Not so quick.  Apparently, TM is held to a "non-compete" clause with SeaRay whereas they cannot sell directly to consumers.  I have to go through a SeaRay dealer.  OK, I get it, SeaRay and its dealers want a piece of the pie.  So I call my dealer to inquire about the repair services TM offers and explained to me by TM.  I send them my frame, they replace the glass and send it back to me.  Again, through a dealer.  Now I call my dealer.  They have never heard of the program and have no idea how to process my request.  So here I am in the midst of a short Ohio season with no windshield and no easy way to replace the curved glass. To me, their non-compete (collusion, monopoly and price fixing in my opion) have made a seemingly simple process nearly impossible.  Any suggestions?    

Happy boating!

1 REPLY 1

Scandrow
Guest Contributor
Let me add... I love my SLX! It's my 4th SeaRay and every one of them has been a top-notch, high quality boat. I'm not going to claim I'm switching brands or anything like that on such a trivial issue, just venting a little and looking for guidance. See you where the land ends...