cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey there...  300SLX here with...

RVS503
Guest Contributor

Hey there...  300SLX here with Axius. Don't use the joystick often but last week, among wind and rain, I grabbed it - bad idea. System started beeping and said, "Shift Error". Then all steering stopped working properly - almost took out my neighbor's dock. Got things back under control and guide myself is using one motor because something didn't seem right when engaging both engines. Since then, starboard engine won't start. When I try to start it beeps a lot and says, "Steering System!"  Anyone have any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11

Jared
Guest Contributor
My 370 Sundance’s with Axius has done this before. The culprit was a wiring harness that got wet.

Woods
Guest Contributor
Low batteries

RVS503
Guest Contributor
Thanks, everyone. Don't think it's batteries. Both engines turn-over at full speed without hesitation. Only port engine starts. Starboard engine says, "Steering System!". Wet wiring harness has possibilities, again, there was lots of wind and rain when this started. Answer was to dry everything up really well?

Two_Names
Guest Contributor
Had a similar problem on a 330DA, needed a new shift cable on one of the engines.

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
The system is “fly by wire” there are no cables. The first thing I’d check is every wire being connected to the control box and pods properly, if it is or you don’t want to do this, call your Searay dealer. There isn’t much you can do other than look fo the obvious. Good luck

fish1
Guest Contributor
My Vacuflush doesn’t stop , what’s wrong/ will not flush

fish1
Guest Contributor
340 da

Woods
Guest Contributor
Duck valves stuck open in vacu flush system Replace duck valves $20

Bill4351
Guest Contributor
seal on toilet bad

fish1
Guest Contributor
Where are the duck valves located

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
The duck valves are located inside each pvc pipe (in & out) at the pump located in the bilge. Before you take the duck bills out, check for air leaks as I mentioned in my prior reply.