cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2016 300SLX Drives and Props

Steve20
Guest Contributor
Im comparing my old boat ('09 290SD) to my new boat ('16 300SLX) and the new boat seems under propped.  I have 15 1/2 x 26 and 13 3/4 x 26 props.  Im turning a lot of rpms and going no where.  Any clue?
6 REPLIES 6

DreamCatcher
Guest Contributor
Just a guess, but I would say a pitch issue, but you didn't mention what RPM's you were turning on the old boat or what RPM to turning on the new that would be gratefully helpful otherwise a call I can say is I'm guessing that's probably a picture issue hope it helps remember not to shoot the messenger

DreamCatcher
Guest Contributor
I'm sorry, auto correct. Pitch issue. 

Captain_Rusty_H
Guest Contributor
Steve, can I be of assistance? I would like to know the rpm's you are hitting and the speed you going at WOT. Has the dealer offered an opinion? How can I reach you for a conversation on performance and props? email?

Capt. Rusty

JCS
Guest Contributor
On a different boat I owned I spun a prop and had the same issue. The rubber bushing on the prop spun so would have lots of RPM but boat went very slow. Replaced prop, all fixed.

Boatsman13
Guest Contributor
Definately sounds like a prop pitch issue. Repace props and then reevaluate, would be my suggestion. What are you looking for? more whole shot speed, or higher top end speed? 

Boatsman13
Guest Contributor
*replace