cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone, I’m new with the stream...

38Dancer
Guest Contributor

Hi everyone, I’m new with the stream feed so please bare with me. I have a 2006 38 Sundancer, my question is my power vent in the windshield works off a toggle switch on the dash. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Is my switch going bad?  Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, the intermittent operation sounds like a bad connection.

The possible problem points are: where the hull wiring attaches to the short actuator motor pigtail wiring; where the wiring attaches to the switch (Faston blade connector crimps) or at the switch.

My suspicion would be the Faston crimp connection to the hull wiring has deteriorated.

The first check is for loose wiggly wires in the Faston crimp connection. All wires should be snug and all should remain fast w/ a light tug.

The "easy" way to perform the next check is with a DC voltage meter.

Clamp the black minus lead to the battery negative bus bar behind the helm door.

Use a slender pointy probe to jam the red plus probe into the opening at the end of the Faston connector, with everything remaining connected, just the dash switch panel carefully and safely flopped out of the way, to expose the back of the switches.

With the red plus probe jammed into one motor feed Faston connector, verify +12VDC voltage or verify ground continuity when the switch is activated for open or for close. Also verify on other switch feed wire, with opposite connectivity.

38Dancer
Guest Contributor
Thank you very much for your help I’ll look into it and give it a try Thanks

Jaybeaux
Guest Contributor
Due to the location of the actuator, in addition to the wiring going bad, the actuator can fail. I replaced mine on a 420 with this: https://www.progressiveautomations.com/products/mini-linear-actuator

Easy replacement. Also, check YouTube for a video on replacing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyuanQ_R9Po

38Dancer
Guest Contributor
Thank you for your help.

Get Outlook for iOS<>