cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Cabin Fabric Covered...

Den
Guest Contributor

How to Remove Cabin Fabric Covered Panels:  I have a 2001 280 Sun Sport. Need to remove the fabric covered cabin panels above the shelf and windows on both port & starboard sides in order to clean them and possibly replace the fabric. I believe these are Sea Ray part # 1565795 280SS 01, MUFF, GULWALE P/S HI#. I have no idea as to how to get them off and was wondering if anyone has an idea or other instruction that would guide me in their removal.  Pictures attached.  Thanks very much...Den (Buffalo NY)

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Den, this only needs to be posted one time/ one place, not four times.

It looks like the factory screwed that horizontal panel in-place. There are likely three or four evenly-spaced Philips wood screws placed near a horizontal edge, my guess is the top edge.

The factory used the fabric cover to conceal the screw heads. They peel back a pocked of that foam-backed fabric to exposed the wood, drive the screw to retain the panel, then use a soft broad blade to poke the fabric into the crack.

My suggestion is to start about an inch from the top corners, then start in the middle to expose the screws.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Those panels probably conceal factory wiring for the bow.

Stinky
Guest Contributor
DEN:

Most fabric /vinyl covered panels are attached with nylon push pins like used on cars for door panels etc. Use a plastic style wide putty knife at a corner and work the panel out from the mounting surface.

wingless
Rising Contributor
This image shows an example of the interior panel screws hidden by the padded fabric.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m52/wingless-pics/Boat/380DAHatchTrimRemoval.jpg