cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am the new owner of a 2017 350...

Faire_Le_ponte
Guest Contributor
I am the new owner of a 2017 350 coupe. Beautiful boat. I'm on vacation and the air-conditioning is flashing P5 or HI. Manual says to shut down on HI. That's been done, any ideas on how to troubleshoot or the meaning of P5 ?
9 REPLIES 9

Riverwalk
Guest Contributor
Had a 350 my self in 2010, same problem with new boat . They tried everthing to fix. Finally replaced air pump ,no problems after that.

Faire_Le_ponte
Guest Contributor
Thanks

Stinky
Guest Contributor
Look at Cruisair Manual, P% means high head pressure, likely clogged h2o filter.

temrad
Guest Contributor
Make sure the seacock is open, if it is check the strainer (if present). If open and clean make sure the raw water pump is running, this is a magnetic drive pump located close to the seacock. On occasion I've had to prime this self priming pump.

Grizz
Guest Contributor
Absolutely a condenser water issue.
Check the water discharge flow when the unit is running.
Clean the suction filter.
If all else fails flush the system. This is not a difficult task.
Get a plumbing fitting, hose size hose barb to1" pipe thread. Also 1" to 3/4 reducing bell and a 3/4 pipe to garden hose fitting. See pic attached.
Shut your sea cock, remove the discharge hose from the strainer, connect everything and look at your discharge.
DO NOT USE DOCK PRESSURE ON YOUR STRAINER! IT WILL BREAK!
Then remove the hose from the strainer inlet, connect the fitting, open the sea cock and flush your inlet. Fresh water kills marine growth.

Stewart
Guest Contributor
Probably lack of water. Check your strainer for clog. Sometimes you can get airlock also. Open strainer and let some water run out

Lex
Guest Contributor
Check to see if there is a crimp in hose that will cause blockage. Water hose may need to be rerouted. I seem to have has similar issue on 2017 40' Sundancer

A_Lot_More_Misc
Guest Contributor
Just finished with this issue myself, tried cleaning the intake filter and flushing the system with bleach, that had a great impact on the water flow, but didn't fix the problem.
Also tried running the a/c when the boat was underway as suggested by my mechanic, that's supposed to force the water through the system and clear a clog if you have one, but that didn't work either.
Feel the pump, if it's really hot when the error occurs, then you need a new pump, also listen to hear if it's pumping consistently ultimately, we replaced our pump.
The a/c works like a million bucks (or at least a thousand bucks) now!

wingless
Rising Contributor
My boat has two A/C units sharing a single pump.

Mine benefits from periodic cleaning of the raw water circuit.

The method I use is to take my Salt Away dispenser, add a small brass jet hose nozzle, shut off the A/C units and close the raw water seacock. The jet nozzle is jammed into the side-hull raw water discharge through hulls and high pressure soapy water is forced through the raw water circuit. This is repeated on the other discharge, then back and forth until the water comes out clean.

Of course the strainer is maintained to be clean.