cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have a 2010 390 Sundancer with...

cbruck
Guest Contributor

We have a 2010 390 Sundancer with Axius and Skyhook.  We purchased it in NY and had it shipped down to us on the gulf coast.  When we did the survey the Skyhook/autopilot worked.  When we put it in the water here one of the trim sensors didn't work which gave us an error on the Vesselview. I recently fixed that issue and no longer have any errors but my Skyhook flashes standby (so I'm getting power and beeps twice when a function is pressed) but won't engage any of the functions.  Since I have never used it, I could be doing something wrong.  I just read where I need to have the engines running and the transom door closed.  Any suggestions?

18 REPLIES 18

Don6
Guest Contributor
You do have to have the engines running and in neutral, not sure on the closed transom door. Mine beeps twice as well when I press the button on my precision pilot control panel, and your vessel view should bring up a warning that the props are engaged.

cbruck
Guest Contributor
Thanks and yes I do and I do not get a pop up screen in vessel view because mines doesn't engage. I also found my autopilot screen in my vessel view but it says the autopilot function is not available as well as the little Icons up in the corner of my E120. Auto pilot is crossed out. I took it out yesterday as the book says that you need to be moving (3 mph) to engage auto pilot but none of my axius functions engaged. I must have my transom door closed and I know that function works as I can't open my engine hatch unless it's closed. I know the GPS antenna works and is feeding coordinates to the vessel view. The one function is the digital compass, I do not know how to check that it's working. Also, when we moved the boat and put it back together they had to reboot the software. Does anyone know is it possible that the axius functions are simply not enabled in the vessel personality software?

Don6
Guest Contributor
well you just passed by my limited technical knowledge, lol - I think you need a really good competent technician that knows the vessel view/skyhook/autopilot integration with the axius. I've had my "personality" re flashed twice over the 4 years. Last time I asked for whatever personality that adds 10 mph haha, no I did not get it....good luck, the software stuff can be frustrating, but the right tech can solve the issue I'm sure...

cbruck
Guest Contributor
Thanks, all comments are helpful. I would like to add a 1 on to my MPG! Since I'm 100 miles from any sea ray dealer I was reaching out to see if there was something simple that I wasn't doing for the autopilot. Thanks again.

TomCatV
Guest Contributor
I just acquired a 2012 390 Sundancer with the same issue. Skyhook and auto pilot worked fine during sea trial now I get that same message and cannot engage auto pilot. did you get yours fixed

cbruck
Guest Contributor
I'm literally at marinemax right now discussing the issue, I'll try to get back to you next week. Stay tuned as we have an interesting situation.

sandydlc
Guest Contributor
Have you popped the hatch to make sure that you don't have any leaks/oil in bilge? On our boat we lost hydraulic pressure on our trim tabs on the starboard pod and immediately got error messages on Vessel View saying that skyhook was in standby/not available. If all is good in the engine room then it does sound like you need a tech out to take a look at the boat.

cbruck
Guest Contributor
I just had Marinemax update the software for my boat but I still don't have autopilot or skyhook. The skyhook situation is getting interesting. I'm out of touch for the next month but let me know if you get any resolution. Also thanks for the comments about the oil etc and I have checked everything I could think of and I have no errors on the vesselview, and again thanks for the comments. Some times it's the simplist things that can get you.

TomCatV
Guest Contributor
Not sure if you have solved your problem, I have not yet solved mine. Talked to Mercury and they said that each boat with the Axius system is loaded with a personality. After each software update the personality should be reloaded to ensure it was not corrupted by update. Am out of water for winter so will be back trying to get mine solved in the spring. Good luck

cbruck
Guest Contributor
No I have not solved my problem yet. I am having a trim sensor fixed which should eliminate an error code so then we can hopefully concentrate on fixing the auto pilot and skyhook. I was told that the personality software is owned by SR and inside that software you can even turn skyhook on and off. I was told by my dealer that SR will not support my year and model for skyhook. I have yet to talk directly to SR. I'll give you an update hopefully in the next month. Does your autopilot work and just not the skyhook?

TomCatV
Guest Contributor
Both of my auto pilot and skyhook are not functioning as they are the same unit. Just an FYI I don't think you will find your solution talking to the Sea Ray folks. I learned my info talking directly to the consumer line at Mercury. They are the keepers of the Axius personalities for each boat according to what they told me. Best of luck and let me know. I can't do anything until Spring now but am curious about the solution.

TomCatV
Guest Contributor
I finally got my issue with Skyhook and autopilot. It was as the Mercury folks told me. the boat personality needed to be reloaded. Fixing the problem took less that 30 mins. Getting the tech their took a year.....

cbruck
Guest Contributor
Yes, I'm sorry I haven't got back to you but I hit something that took out both gimble bearings. It's been nearly 9 months to get it repaired. For my repair of the autopilot we also had to get a Mercury rep to work on it and they determined it was the compass module that had burned out due to low voltage. $2k later it is supposed to be fixed. Hopefully picking up the boat next week. It's amazing to me that SR isn't better equipped to diagnose and fix issues like this. Glad to hear that yours was an easy fix.

TomCatV
Guest Contributor
Ouch, that hurts. Best of luck to you and hope it has been resolved. Cheers!

cbruck
Guest Contributor
I finally did get my boat back in the water after nearly nine months and we did get the autopilot and Skyhook to work. It was the electronic module itself. Not a cheap fix either but it's working and after much discussion on whether on not the boat was sold originally with Skyhook, which it was, that also works.

TomCatV
Guest Contributor
Great to hear that it is all working once again, it has been a very long time!

Ynot
Guest Contributor
Same problem..needed Main MUI box. but have them checkcable, antenna first cheaper fixes

Ynot
Guest Contributor
What power in your boat ?