cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 1993 370 Sundancer . Does...

Bill12
Guest Contributor

I have a 1993 370 Sundancer . Does anyone know if the hot water tank is a forward facing connection, rear or side connection?  Also is it possible to upgrade to an 11 gallon tank, is there clearance for the 11 gallon? 16 !/8 width 16 1/8 high and 18 3/4 depth for 11 gal. 

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
Isn't the water heater under the mid stateroom lower cushion?

http://images0.boattrader.com/resize/1/48/74/6344874_20170823064631175_1_LARGE.jpg?t=1267608

If so, then that 16" square is huge. I would be very surprised if it fit.

Examine the available space. On my 2000 380DA the water heater is accessed by partial disassembly of that mid stateroom cushion / mechanism. Mine has all the fittings on one end, port side.

An 11 gallon water heater is a very large amount. Why so much hot water? For multiple showers (family) on mine w/ a 6 gallon water heater, I run the generator for about an hour before then during use. The showers are get wet / water off / get soapy / water on / rinse / water off then done. It works w/o running out of hot water.

If lots of hot water is required, then plumb into the engine for the heat exchanger. If going that route ensure a safety tempering valve is part of the system to prevent scalding.

Kmas100
Guest Contributor
Just replaced mine 3 days ago on my 1990 420DA. It's forward facing of the storage hatch in the middle of the floor.. The large one. Maybe it's the same for the 380 DA. The unit I took out had the electrics and the hot/ cold feeds immidiately facing you as you look at it. The two pipes running from the Port engine fed into the back of the unit, so I had to crawl in.. At 6ft 3" that was some task, but certainly possible. As my boat originated in the US I had one delivered from the US via Amazon.. Only took 6 days!!. The new unit (10.9 gallons), has the engine fed pipes running to the front of the unit with the others.. However, the pipes are long enough to manipulate them round to the front

Kmas100
Guest Contributor
Oh.. And don't forget to take the two plastic connector pipes between the hot. & cold feeds off the old unit as it doesn't come with the new one.. Same too for the overflow pipe fitting into the valve connector

CKboater
Guest Contributor
I replaced mine end of last season - -1997 37' its in the aft cabin storage locker. It would be a good time to add mixing valves also. It will make winterizing a lot easier and prevent yourself from getting scolded by hot water

Bill12
Guest Contributor
Thank you for all the replies. Very helpful.