cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2004 360 Sundancer and...

Suite_330
Guest Contributor

I have a 2004 360 Sundancer and my Genny  won’t stay running. It will start up run for a minute and then shut down and throw an alarm at the helm. It was moving water last week when I first started it but not now so I don’t know whether I could’ve sucked something up or blown an impeller

10 REPLIES 10

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Is it a minute, or immediately after releasing the preheat button?

Does the same thing happen when starting at the generator and in the salon?

Catfive
Guest Contributor
Doesnt sound like an impeller to me. Check the fuel pressure if possible. Alarm is my problem too. Little annoying buggers. But they are useful to keep from doing something bad to the boat. I hope you can figure it out. I dont have enough experience. Sorry

RAV
Guest Contributor
My old 33DA generator would do this when the impeller was shot and not enough water was circulating. It’s a quick fix by replacing. A trick I learned is to look at the existing impeller before removing and u Se electrical tape to wrap the new blades in same direction leaving a tail to pull on to remove tape after inserting impeller.

Seatorn
Guest Contributor
Is it overheating? Check for a small valve on manifold same colour as engine. Meaning maybe an airlock. Good luck

CCH
Guest Contributor
If an on an gen then the light at the start switch will flash in a sequence to indicate why it shutdown. What the lights mean is listed in a table in the operator manual. If you do not have one they are typically on line.

Beachwinds
Guest Contributor
First thing to look at is the impeller if not discharging any water then fins either bad or impeller spinning freely. Usually should get some type of code or fault.

Kyle_R_
Guest Contributor
What is the status of your carbon monoxide detector? I have a 2014 330 and there is a built in safety system that won’t allow gen to run if carbon monoxide detector is in-op. My gen would run for only 5-10 seconds and then shut off. Not sure if yours has same safety but worth a check. Good luck!

SMT
Guest Contributor
Definatly your impeller.

PiscesPearl
Guest Contributor
I had a wire come loose on a Oil or water sensor do that.

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
What brand gen could be impeller or coupler