cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2005-390 Sundancer with...

Andiamo_III
Guest Contributor

I have a 2005-390 Sundancer with a leaky windshield where water runs along the connecting of the frame and fiberglass. I removed the caulking and RE caulked the inside and outside where the frame meets the fiberglass. Still leaks , so I replaced the rubber trim concealing the mounting screws of the frame, still leaks . So I used coral silicone along that rubber trim, still leaks . Now I started using clear silicone around the small black trim that boarders all edges around each section of glass , still leaking?

any thoughts??

3 REPLIES 3

Andiamo_III
Guest Contributor
Ordered new gasket for windshield vent and waiting for shipping

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Does the water leak from the exterior to the cockpit, or does it leak below to the salon?

If it leaks to the salon, then the process I used may be useful.

When I replaced my shrunken screw cover I sequentially removed each screw retaining the frame to the hull and squirted ample RTV silicone into the hole before replacing the screw.

When I replaced that screw cover, that had shrunken in length to expose the ends, I cut the ends at an angle that matched the interior of the frame pocket. I also cut it at the maximum possible length, for a sung fit in the pockets.

The original part lasted only a few years before the ends were exposed. My replacement has lasted well over a decade.

Andiamo_III
Guest Contributor
Leaks into the cockpit as it runs along the caulk line from the frame to the boat. I’m waiting for the windshield vent replacement gasket .