cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2008 40 Sundancer with...

Joe_B
Guest Contributor
I have a 2008 40 Sundancer with a Northstar DS100 vhf radio. The hand held mic wire (rubber/plastic coating) is fraid and disintegrating. I have looked for Northstar components on Amazon, eBay, etc... with no luck based on the fact this radio is no longer manufactured. North Star was acquired and this model discontinued. This being said I am looking to replace, any recommendations as to what mic and/or VHF Radio to replace it is with?
8 REPLIES 8

Seabuz
Guest Contributor
Ray marine has a radio. Ray marine 260. You can get it with or without Ais. Same as the Nothstar.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The icom M602 fixed mount VHF radio has been replaced w/ the m605 radio, w/ more current features.

My icom radio has been a terrific product that I would not hesitate to recommend.

http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/marine/mountedvhf/m605/default.aspx

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
The horn compressor is behind the tv in forward stateroom
The washer fluid is ur water tank

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
Icom 602 is terrific

Lucky_Enuff
Guest Contributor
Found a Northstar mic on eBay a while ago. Might check that and just replace the handset.

Charles_III
Guest Contributor
I have a 2006 40 Sundancer, and had a similar experience with my Raytheon VHF radio, e.g. frayed wire, no longer manufactured, etc. I recently replaced it with a Raymarine Ray91 VHF Radio w/AIS and have been very satisfied with it.

Beach_Jeff
Guest Contributor
I had the same issue, I was lucky to find one on eBay years ago, but wasn't in much better shape

trush
Guest Contributor
Like others, my Northstar mic fell apart. I replaced it with an iCom M400BB. Very happy with it.