cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2015 280 Sundancer. I...

Sutherin_Comfor
Guest Contributor

I have a 2015 280 Sundancer. I bought it used last year and the Lenco auto glide system worked manually but never automatically. I took it to my trusty “Sea Ray” dealer. They charge me $2000. $1100 for a new control box and $900 of labor. When I got the boat the system did not work despite the service manager claiming it worked fine. I spent hours talking to the Lenco technician and tore all the electronics out and found out the control box was never replaced. And all the wiring was done incorrectly documented by photography. My legal claim against the sea ray dealer is another story. Suffice it to say, check your dealers work! Now the Lenco technician Has sent me a new control box and wiring harness out of the kindness of his heart! I am still working with him because my keypad has clockwise rotating flashing lights at the end of the crosshairs indicating there is still something wrong despite all the wiring being done correctly and the new control box. I have a phone call into the technician asking whether it might be my keypad that is malfunctioning. I was wondering if anybody else had similar trouble with the system. I’m close to yanking it all out and going back to simple manual trim tabs.

6 REPLIES 6

dpopick_virtuef
Guest Contributor
That’s awesome that they charged you for work they did not perform. Hope you win. These dealers are trash

FIG
Guest Contributor
That’s unacceptable! Why don’t you post the name of the dealer so no one gets hosed by these unprofessional individuals.

PJS
Guest Contributor
Yes, indeed. For the benefit of fellow boaters, it would be helpful to post the name. At least it will provide the ability to be forewarned and complete extra due diligence prior to engaging.

Shelby_Kirby
Guest Contributor
@Steven and Pam Sutherin Hi- Shelby here from Sea Ray. I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations you have experienced. I have escalated your information to the Sea Ray Service department.

Sutherin_Comfor
Guest Contributor
Shelby, thank you. Mr. Kerr has contacted me by phone and email. I am preparing a statement along with photographs to go to “Sea Ray” headquarters and the general manager of the “Sea Ray” dealership, the Better Business Bureau and the area’s police department, fraud division. I have never had fraudulent service done! I will be asking “Sea Ray” to do their own internal investigation including serial numbers and purchase orders and delivery records and I would seriously ask “Sea Ray” to remove their name from this particular marina. I’m sure Mr. Kerr will keep you informed.

Catfive
Guest Contributor
Unethical is not the word. A thief and a liar. Glad you checked. That was so damn expensive. I have a 250 1998 I just bought. Can barely afford that. Keep em honest. Hope you win