cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2018 280SLX with 8.2L...

adp1675
Guest Contributor

I have a 2018 280SLX with 8.2L MAG.  I am having the 3yr, 300 hour service done at MarineMax.  They are struggling with changing the spark plugs.  In the attached picture there is a panel to the port side of engine.  The dealer does not know how to remove it.  Does anyone know how to access the sparkplugs on the port side for a 2016 or newer 280SLX?

6 REPLIES 6

Lakebum
Guest Contributor
I assume the tech was hired from a roadside oil change franchise. Marine Max is a Sea Ray dealer. Surely they have a tech in-house or can call Sea Ray to obtain this info.

adp1675
Guest Contributor
I am really disappointed in the dealer. They should know how to do this. They are supposed to call Sea Ray. We will see if they actually do this.

Bravo3
Guest Contributor
Take it somewhere else. I do not have confidence in MarineMax from prior experience.

gregk
Guest Contributor
Lakebum is right, they are a Sea Ray dealer and have direct tech assistance they can inquire with them. It's also possible your boat come with some documentation which describes how to access these panels. You could try contacting Sea Ray to get this info as well for future reference.

adp1675
Guest Contributor
Thanks everyone, the local Marine Max dealer figured it out. The trick was removing some hidden screws so the panel to the port side of the engine could be removed

Ashley32
Guest Contributor

I have a 2020 SLX 280.  I am having the same issue and the dealer is telling me that they need to remove the engine to changed the spark plugs.  Can someone please provide me with pictures and instruction on how to remove the panel so that the spark plugs can be changed.  Thanks Ashley Davy 919-810-5207 or [email protected]