cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2018 SPX 210.  This year...

dc80028
Guest Contributor

I have a 2018 SPX 210.  This year I started noticing that my white vinyl seats are losing their shine.  In some cases there is what looks like dirt on the seats that can't be washed off no matter what I use to scrub them.  I spoke to some folks who said this could possibly be surface mold.  I look at other boats in my marina and they don't have this issue.  I never expected this from a 3 year old boat.  Does anyone have a suggestion for what I can use to make my seats shine again?

5 REPLIES 5

Hair
Guest Contributor
I have been using 303 Protectant on my boats and cars leather seat for over 20 years. Great stuff.

kstruzinsky
Guest Contributor
I have a 25 year old SeaRay 175 and the seats are still like new. I always make sure the seats are dry after using the boat. I also apply vinyl protectorant several times during the boating season.

Korkie
Guest Contributor
Get some mold / mildew stain remover. Starbrite makes it, 303 makes it, etc and use that to clean the seats. Spray it on keeping the area wet and let it sit for several minutes. Then get a brush and scrub. Afterwards rinse with water and set in the sun. You may have to do this several times to get the stains out. Then keep a good coating of 303 vinyl protectant on your seats to prevent this from reoccurring. We put a light coat on ours weekly.

dc80028
Guest Contributor
Thanks very much everyone for the advice on this. I will try 303 stain remover and make sure that I keep these seats protected from now on.

Bow_Tie
Guest Contributor
Another excellent product is the 3M vinyl cleaner and conditioner. After you get the black spots off apply the 3M product, it will replace the plastisizers in the vinyl and make the vinyl soft and playable again. Over time the UV rays will destroy the vinyl. My seats are 17 years old and look and feel almost new.