cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2018 Sundancer 460. The...

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor

I have a 2018 Sundancer 460. The main cabin HVAC compressor is located under the helm seat. I need to access it to change the air filter, but I can't see away to get to the unit. I assume one of the wood panels is removable, but I am not sure which one and don't want to damage anything. Does anyone know how I get access?

15 REPLIES 15

wingless
Rising Contributor
This location?

https://images0.boattrader.com/resize/1/79/94/7197994_20190904130538570_1_LARGE.jpg?t=1310447

Can closer images please be posted?

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor

wingless
Rising Contributor
Thanks for the images.

My guess is there are small blocks in the top or bottom corners between the slats and those blocks slide ½" sideways, either right or left, to release those slatted gratings as a complete assembly.

There should be two sliding blocks, either in the top or bottom, with the other side having fixed / hidden hooks.

The blocks are slid to the release position (guesswork as to which way), then the grating is "hinged" out on the fixed hooks.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Likely that the air filter is metal that is removed, cleaned w/ a garden hose, shaken dry, then replaced.

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
The other HVAC compressor in the master cabin has a fibre filter that I cleaned in the sink. I suspect this one is the same.

Captdkw
Guest Contributor
I have a 2017 460 FLY...I accessed my filter by removing about 10 screws that attached the large slat-grill-grate on the forward side of the helm seat. Once removed the filter is right there. Use a flash light to locate all the black screws holding the black background metal that holds the wood slat-grill-grate. Hope this helps. Captdkw

Captdkw
Guest Contributor
Have you tried cleaning the air filter that is stuffed in the corner under the sink area yet. I did...and I had some choice words for the engineers who designed that spot for the second salon AC unit.

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
Captdkw I found the screws a couple of days ago (all 12 of them) Once inside, I found and aluminum evaporation grill, but no sign of a removable filter. The master bedroom unit had a removable fiber filter that was easily removed and cleaned. Dis I miss it? I didn't know there was another unit under the sink, I will have to check it out.

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
Captdkw I just took a look under the sink and did not see anything. Looking at the A?C layout drawing, it shows a blower in that area (not sure where it is) but I don't think there is another compressor. Perhaps it is different in the 460 Fly?

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
The aluminum screen is the filter u wash it and blow it out

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
I have now solved the problem. There are four compressors on
this vessel, all well hidden. They all have fiber filters in front of an aluminum grill. The fiber filter was missing from the one in the main salon. (Factory did not install) I bought one and installed it. It slides into a thin channel on both sides of the grill.

Captdkw
Guest Contributor
Sorry I didn’t get back to you but it seems you found the answers.
The AC unit under the sick counter is most difficult to access. I actually disassembled the sink drain to help reach the AC in that restricted space. I also reconfigured the sink drain trap as forward as I could to improve overall space and access in the under sink area. Good luck.

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
Captdkw Strange, my under the sink unit was the easiest to get at, just had to lift up an access panel and there it was. Well within reach.