cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a brand new 2022 320Sundancer...

mariogolombek
Guest Contributor

I have a brand new 2022 320Sundancer w/ 2 Mercury 350 OB. 

Although I love the boat it has a design flaw that Sea Ray doesn’t admit. When you put the helms seat bolster up the lower part of the seat is not cushioned and if you drive standing up the metal inside the seat estrutura hit you behind the legs. I am 5’7” and I have red marks in my legs everytime I go out. I contacted Sea Ray many times both personally and thru Marine Max and their last reply was “ use a towel to give you some extra cushioning”. How can they reply this to customer that spent a fortune buying a new boat from a reputable company ???

Upset ! 

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
That is a long / protracted way of saying you have a bony butt???

It is possible to effect an extensive rework on that offending part. Disassemble the upholstery, then the seat to remove that part, then remove about ½" of metal, so the upholstery is proud of the metal. Reassemble the seat and upholstery.

Another option is that it might be possible to install (force) one of those U-shaped plastic channels onto that part w/o disassembly. That part is sold by the foot. Something like this part, of appropriate dimensions.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MJR532S/ref=sspa_dk_detail_3?pd_rd_i=B07MQJ4W6G&pd_rd_w=KZ98X&pf_rd_p=0c758152-61cd-452f-97a6-17f070f654b8&pd_rd_wg=OX7oq&pf_rd_r=CZYPAQ6632CEFNSMQM0T&pd_rd_r=d1285715-2f78-4ac4-b6c1-a7b92ce49cf5&s=hi&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTVA1NDgzRUdZMFNBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTI4NzU4Mk43NEhOQTE1NEhKOSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzA5Mzg3MkJUS1dVMlhTSjEzRCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2RldGFpbCZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

wingless
Rising Contributor
BTW, welcome to the forum...

mariogolombek
Guest Contributor
Issue here is not my butt…hahaha. It’s a design flaw.
The right way of fix this is easy, the seat estruture should be either rounded so the back of the leg does not touch the edge of the metal or SR shoould add padding but this would prevent the bolster to go down all the way. I do not want to have anything done to a 5 month old boat by myself. I really think this is a design flaw.

mariogolombek
Guest Contributor
Anyway, anything attached to the edge will prevent the bolster to come down all the way.
So yes, quick fix would be a round insulation foam pipe.
But it does not fix the design flaw anyway

wingless
Rising Contributor
My 20 year ownership on my 2000 380DA included me designing and implementing many amazing improvements to original design and construction deficiencies. It never occurred to me about confronting Sea Ray for those issues. Good luck w/ that.

There has been great personal satisfaction I obtained from engineering / implementing solutions to these many difficult problems.

If assistance is requested, then why not post images of the offending part (and possibly your bony butt) so others may help?

It would surprise me if a thin push on plastic part i previously suggested would prevent normal full range movement of the bolster.

Ubombshell
Guest Contributor
Floating noodle cost $2 cut to fit across for cushioning