cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Raymarine 230 and the...

Ritz_Sea
Guest Contributor

I have a Raymarine 230 and the handset cord is toast.  I took the cradle apart and traced it to the transceiver.  My set has the external speaker and the handset has a sealed adapter that splits the handset line between the transceiver and the external speaker.  So, my question:  can I get a replacement handset with the above referenced "sealed adapter".  Can I replace the handset with a Raymarine 260 handset ($699.00).  Can I use a secondary handset as the primary handset?

And I guess one more question,  Is the 420 Sundancer  wired for an external hailer, if so, where is the hailer placed on the forward deck?

Ritz Sea now renamed the Aqua Condo.

4 REPLIES 4

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
Go to Raymarine.com....
Click on the support tab, then go to forum and ask your question of the true experts. It's moderated by raymarine and a factory tech answers every question...no second guessing or my buddy told me to do xy or z

Ritz_Sea
Guest Contributor
Thanks, Captain Rick. Raymarine says they no longer service the VHF230 fist microphone or auxiliary handsets and the VHF needs to be upgraded to the 260 model.

Lucky_Enuff
Guest Contributor
See if you can find one on eBay. I just found a new handset for my Northstar there...

Capt__Pete
Guest Contributor
I had a similar problem. My dog chewed through the cord. I found that placing the whole unit with a new updated one made more sense financially. I went with a Standard Horizon unit.