cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I own a 2016 370 DA and water pools...

MV_Second_Wind
Guest Contributor

I own a 2016 370 DA and water pools in the shore power hookup compartment. There doesn’t see to have any spot for drainage. Does anybody else know of this problem?

10 REPLIES 10

wingless
Rising Contributor
Post images of the problem?

MV_Second_Wind
Guest Contributor

wingless
Rising Contributor
Thanks for the image.

The problem looks to be the compartment surface is lower at the front than the rear when the boat is at rest.

There are several options.

One is to put those one foot square interlocking elevated tiles so the water is low and the stuff is dry on the tiles.

Another is to locate the water intrusion point(s) and seal the entry.

Another option is to add a floor drain, dumping that water into the bilge, maybe w a hose to direct the flow, and count on the bilge pump to empty.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The member @Bret Van Dyke is also having a problem with transom locker water pooling in a 2016 31 Sundancer.

LakeSuperior370
Guest Contributor
I have the exact same boat and have had the same problem. Water gets in from two locations: 1. If you have shore water hose attached, it often leaks at the junction inside this locker. Wrap a few paper towels around the male/female Junction and check for leaks. Sometimes at night the water will get cold or in cold weather causing the rubber gasket to contract an cause it to leak periodically.
2. Above that locker lies the swim platform grill. The bead of caulk behind the grill and sink was poorly done by Sea Ray and will leak. Water runs down the aft curtain and pools behind that grill. It leaks through that caulk line and runs behind the grill and drips into the Shore power locker. Strip that caulk out and replace it with high end marine grade silicone and water will stop filling your power cord locker. Don’t drill a hole in the locker allowing the water to drain into the engine room! You won’t be able to tell if you spring a leak in a water or engine hose.

JILL
Guest Contributor
Yes, also have this same problem in my 2016 400 Sundancer compartment

Steal_Away
Guest Contributor
I have a 2018 400DA, and there is a small drain hole in the lower left hand (port) side, that can easily get plugged with debris. Clean it out and you good to go.

JILL
Guest Contributor
Ahhhh Sea Ray must have corrected this on the 2018’s. Mine doesn’t have a drain hole but the techs when they were at my boat fixing some stuff over the summer recommended having a small drain hole put in. I forgot to put that on the list for Marine Max when the boat was last there. Mine is a 2016 400DA

Steal_Away
Guest Contributor
The drain hole goes horizontally to the left. It’s about 1/4 inch in diameter, and has a plastic grommet, where it exits into gap adjacent to hinged, moveable cockpit floor/transom. I’ve had to clean the drain hole twice already. Lots of construction debris and sawdust. We got our boat also from MarineMax, Port Clinton, Ohio.

MV_Second_Wind
Guest Contributor
Thanks LakeSuperior 370!!! It was the caulk behind the grill. I replaced it and no more water.