cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the process of purchasing a...

Flacoconut
Guest Contributor

In the process of purchasing a 2008 330 Sundancer. Need to have anodes/zinc's replaced for salt water. Does anyone know how many this model needs or requires? It has bow and stern thrusters and is a v-drive. I see it has 1 oval one on the transom above the drain plug and 1 on each trim tab. What about the drive shafts and thrusters? Should those have them as well? Thanks for any advice!

Karen

6 REPLIES 6

Cea_Lyn
Guest Contributor
It is all about the current sourunding your boat. I would replace them after purchase and watch them in your marina. replace as needed. My 360 I replace them annually needed or not.

Twitch
Guest Contributor
I replace mine annually, but my boat is in New England, so only in the water for 6 months. Most Sea Ray's do not have drive shaft zincs. But if yours does, then replace them. Your thrusters do have zincs, not too hard to replace. Also, the raw water cooling systems for engines and generator have zincs too. I usually replace them every other year. Use aluminum zincs, better for the environment and work in brackish water

Alumofcu
Guest Contributor
Also, if you have trim tabs, those will be needed and also an transom zinc possibly.

Flacoconut
Guest Contributor
Thanks!

Capt__Pete
Guest Contributor
My thruster has anodes as well. They are mounted on the thruster propeller hub.

Drago
Rising Contributor
If the engines have heat ex changers, they are inside those also