cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for "Engine Operation Manual"...

Den
Guest Contributor

Looking for "Engine Operation Manual" for a 2001 Se Ray 280 SS with a 7.4 L Mercruiser engine/Bravo III outdrive . Getting ready to do winterization ......Anybody have one they can share? Thanks

Dennis (Buffalo, NY)

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
Den, don't you have the engine factory service manual? If not, then that volume should be obtained. Always follow the FSM and applicable documents.

The FSM for my engines includes winterization steps: stabilizing the fuel; replacing raw water w/ freeze protection fluid; running oil w/ the fuel through the injectors; fogging the intake; running the fuel supply dry and ensuring all exterior metal is protected from corrosion.

There are many systems on the boat that need to be protected for the winter. Don't neglect the black water system. I keep that tank and parts scrubbed clean and that helps w/ winter protection.

IMO, the worst is the water heater. Mine holds about a gallon when run "dry" that dilutes the freeze fluid more than I like, so I plumb in a bypass so all the hot water lines and fittings get full-strength fluid.

A checklist was made by me for all the boat systems so I don't forget something important.

toner
Guest Contributor
Attached is Mercruiser Manuals

Den
Guest Contributor
hi thanks for your response .....but could find nothing attached....Would appreciate it if you would try again. My email is [email protected] you

toner
Guest Contributor
Is this correct email [email protected] I am getting an error

toner
Guest Contributor
Sorry error was me, let me know if it worked

Den
Guest Contributor
No still nothing ......and yes that is my email...for sure. Thnaks for continuing to try....Dennis