cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysterious locations of breakers on the SPX 230

lambo
Guest Contributor

I'm loving my brand new SPX 230 that was finally delivered to me in March. I took it to the NC coast and motored down to Charleston by way of the Intercoastal Waterway for the July 4th weekend. After hauling it back to Raleigh, I was washing it down when I noticed none of the console electronics would work, and neither would the trim switch. T'he engine would start just fine, so there was power, but not to the electronics package. So I figured either a wire jostled loose or a breaker/fuse tripped somewhere.

After hours of debugging with a multi-meter, I was about to give up and call in my warranty to get it fixed. Then my girlfriend noticed what appeared to be 2 breakers on a wall just under the lid of a storage bay. One of them was tripped. It appears a tool box I keep in that bay shimmied across the bay floor and hit the red button that tripped the breaker. I reset the breaker and everything worked. Thank goodness!

None of the documentation that came with my SPX 230 explained where breakers are located. That would seem to be a really valuable, and cost-saving, piece of information. Now I know. So all you SPX 230 owners out there, note that there are two very important instrument breakers inside the battery and storage bay towards the rear of the boat. May be the same for other models - not sure.

0 REPLIES 0