cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding: “Dynamic Display” Bluetooth...

stevens_dick
Guest Contributor
Regarding: “Dynamic Display” Bluetooth connection.
As I noted several weeks ago, I bought a new 2018 230 SLX W in May, 2019. I am still having multiple service issues.
One issue that has not been resolved, I will discuss later re the wake surf system. The dealer is suppose to correct at some point in future. So, I will discuss in a separate post upon that issue being resolved...or not.
****The second issue that has been pestering from Day 1, regards the Bluetooth connection to my iPhone 10 and iPad.
I believe this is the same “Dynamic Display” Bluetooth system available on most SeaRay powerboats made in last few years.
I have only been able to connect the Bluetooth connection twice randomly out of many attempts.
I have tried several possible solutions without success. Including:
1) I have turned off all the Bluetooth systems in devices on the boat but the iPhone with no luck. Including my iPad and other occupants’ Bluetooth devices. Also including my Bluetooth hearing aids.
2) I have also tried connecting two different iPad devices without success. Both the iPhone and iPads work in car, home, etc.
Note obviously, I cannot control other Bluetooth devices near my slip in my Marina.
3) That said, I have also been unable to connect outside the marina on the lake.
4) I have made sure the sound controls on the iPhone and the SeaRay are sufficiently turned up.
5) I have also made sure that music coming from my Apple Music app are playing.
Note:
**I have not found an RCA audio cable female connection to use with the iPad. The iPhone does not have a RCA audio connector.
**I am on the second largest lake in Texas some distance from The DFW Metro, so I have very limited number of AM or FM stations that I can receive. None that I care to listen.
**I have a large library of music I would like to listen to on my Apple app.
**At some point, I will install SiriusXM radio but I still want to listen to music apps from my iPad and iPhone.
**I also would like to listen to live game sports events from these Apple devices.
Any advice or input?
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

christopher_dec
Guest Contributor
The Bluetooth integration seems to be a bit buggy, but what I have found works is in the dynamic display settings to forget your device (phone/iPad), forget the boat Bluetooth from your phone, turn off the battery switch near steering column (to restart dynamic display), then re add your phone/iPad in the dynamic display Bluetooth settings.

It’s cumbersome, but I rarely change devices. Once added, the boat always recognizes my phone. Another option could be to plug your device in the usb slot under the throttle area near the hatch switch.

stevens_dick
Guest Contributor
Great info, thanks!

Sincerely,

Dick Stevens