cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are looking for Insurance on...

ISLAND_TIME1
Guest Contributor

We are looking for Insurance on our 330 Sundancer.  Any help will be appreciated.

21 REPLIES 21

Tom123
Guest Contributor
May I suggest you go to a Insurance Broker and let them shop it for you. Every area and every boat is different.

Last year, we saved $300 annually having our Broker shop the policy among Insurance Companies. We ended up switching from GEICO to Progressive.

Interestingly enough another friend with a different boat in the same neighborhood, got cheaper insurance from GEICO.

ISLAND_TIME1
Guest Contributor
thank you, I am in South Louisiana. I have gotten a quote from Markel American, which to me seemed high , $6111.00 a year for hull 35k, liab 300k, med 25k. So thought I would see who others use

Tom123
Guest Contributor
My last boat was a 47' Catalina Sailboat, insured for $350k. We berthed it in our Canal behind our home in SW Florida. The insurance was about $4,500 a year with a 2% hurricane deductible through Pantaenius Insurance.

Try going to International Marine Insurance Services (IMIS). They Brokered our Marine Insurance, the entire time we were cruising internationally and until we sold the Sailboat two years ago. down here in Florida

That's when we we turnde over all our insurance to one Broker

Here is IMIS Web Page:
http://www.imis.pro/

Smokey
Guest Contributor
We got insurance through Pantenaeus Insurance, best coverage, great marine insurance company and they handle a lot of boats down south. They’re based out of New Jersey.

wai_phung
Guest Contributor
Nboa, I pay $1200/yr for my 2009 350. Let me know if you want their info for a quote

jr_schantz
Guest Contributor
I just received a quote from Allstate a month ago for a 1996 330 DA in the Great Lakes. Cost was somewhere around $625.00 annually. Sounds like coastal coverage is significantly higher.

TRay_Sea
Guest Contributor
Try Progressive Insurance I was able to cut my quote in half. I just bought a boat and all other quotes were double plus they have a towing included.

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
Nobody has beat the rates from NBOA. Go to NBOA.COM and fill out their quote request.

Vinster
Guest Contributor
Price is not only option to consider. Check the deductibles. If stolen and recoverable but gutted, what's do you receive after deductible? What is paid to you for loss and then you are still left with hull? My dealer recommended "Skisafe". I learned the hard way. $12,500 deductible if stolen, stripped and recovered. Then the hill was mine, had to sell thru ebay. I now have NBOA, for several years, others cannot compare. Boat US uses Geico, not impressed on cost/coverage.

Phoenix
Guest Contributor
I have used multiple brokers in the past and the best policies are available thru Gieco.

Lil_Rug_Rat
Guest Contributor
Try Traveler's Insurance. They have a complete marine division. Cheaper than Geico, State Farm and Progressive.Towing and hurricane haul out included.

Alex6
Guest Contributor
I live in SW Florida and have always used Boat/US Insurance until I bought a 340 Sundancer several years ago. I found out that as a Searay Owner's Club member the National Boat Owner's Association's marine insurance division has special reduced rates for Club members. I have an agreed hull value policy through them underwritten by Ironshore Ins. NBOA is in Sarasota, FL 1-800-248-3512. NBOA saved me a lot of $$$

cbruck
Guest Contributor
I bought a 390 DA and shopped for insurance. Literally got quotes from $1500 to $6500. Ended up going with the least expensive which I got through Marinemax. The company was Atlantic Specialty Insurance Group, 212 440 6500. I hit something and took out both drives and the company was great about getting brand new drives installed.

Bernard
Guest Contributor
I insured my 330 last October with Geico at a great rate

Doug_Underwood
Guest Contributor
Try NBOA. They have a program for Sea Ray owners.

Gin_s_Fins
Guest Contributor
Island Time, "cbruck" has it right. Yes, I'm an independent agent, but I'm not fishing for your business. I have written MANY accounts because of direct writers (GEICO, Progressive, USAA) where the person you talked to when you wrote the policy is nowhere to be found when you need them. If you do go that route, remember what your grandmother used to tell you, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!" Look for longer than usual lay up periods, higher deductibles, driver restrictions, geographic restrictions, no pull-out coverage in the event of impending storm, terms of storm coverage (must be named, etc.)

ISLAND_TIME1
Guest Contributor
thank you "gin's", and I would like you to quote my searay and i have a speed boat . my personal email is [email protected].

ISLAND_TIME1
Guest Contributor
tahnk's to all of you!!! I have more options and things I did not know about in boat ins. coverage. Will be shopping more wisely.

Gin_s_Fins
Guest Contributor
This group has saved me lot's of $ in the 12 short months since we have owned our boat. Best resource out there!

Bridog
Guest Contributor
Even better resource is www.clubsearay.com if your not already on there.

RML_L
Guest Contributor
BoatUS or NBOA have good marine insurance programs.