cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When showering in the head the...

Nick_L
Guest Contributor

When showering in the head the water pools forward and not back to  the drain. Someone else I know has the same problem with the same boat same year.

Their boat has V Drives. Me- 2001 Sundancer  310- with 7.4 I/O's.

Anyone have this problem or solution?

6 REPLIES 6

JRT
Guest Contributor
Redneck solution- Take a window washer rubber squeegee from the grocery store and rake the water back to the drain after you shower. Sounds like boat is listing or slightly down in the bow when you are in the shower. When you get out, does it drain? Also,sometimes the shower drain sump pump strainer will be clogged and it just will not drain quickly enough to keep from backing up until it can get to the shower sump and drain. The strainer is located in the top of the shower sump.

wingless
Rising Contributor
+1 on the squeegee. I use one to help keep the shower sparkling clean.

Are heavy items positioned at forward locations in the boat?

Has heavy items been removed from the rear of the boat, such as the generator?

It sounds like the weight distribution doesn't conform to the original design, by lots and lots.

PiscesPearl
Guest Contributor
Factory team installed extra floor drain in my 40 MY forward head after first use. With washer/dryer, bow thruster and larger isolation transformer the balance is pitched forward at rest.

Nick_L
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the reply's. We did not add or can see anything that would cause the weight shift. I am wondering if the whole shower head is a prefabbed unit that is mounted and over the years settled. I was thinking of installing an additional drain if I can get under it. I may just ask Searay and see what they say.

wingless
Rising Contributor
On my 2000 380DA, the bottom surface of the shower, including the shower drain, may be accessed from the dry center sump storage compartment, where the shower / A/C sump box is located.

On my boat there is a large rectangular cutout in the sidewall of that storage compartment, near the shower drain. If required, an additional drain could be cut, added, then plumbed into the shower sump box, without restriction for access.

Nick_L
Guest Contributor
Thanks! Yes the extra drain may be best and not hard to do myself. I will look for the cut out.