cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1987 270DA: Looking for laminated...

Andruet
Guest Contributor

1987 270DA: Looking for laminated plywood sheet goods; the kind used in constructing aft bench seat, fold-down bench, etc. It's 1/2" plywood covered with a paper-thin white laminate. Where did Sea Ray source this material?

3 REPLIES 3

tomtom
Guest Contributor
I’ve used marine plywood and coated with interlux epoxy barrier coat

B_Smith
Guest Contributor
I just stumbled on your post. Hopefully, you’ve already solved your problem. I needed laminated plywood for my 2008 Sundancer. I called Sea Ray and they were able to tell me who the original manufacture was (Inland Plywood). sometimes you can get what you’re looking for that way, but often times the manufacturer no longer makes it for us out of business. Sea Ray’s customer service number is (386) 439-3401.

Andruet
Guest Contributor
Just stumbled onto this question. I, too, had to rebuild the aft folding bench on my 1987 270 DA.
Couldn't find original plywood so........I used 3/4" marine plywood, coated all sides with high-quality marine grade varnish. Then cover one side (the visible side) with standard Formica brand sheet laminate (Gloss whiteboard finish). I expect it to last longer than the rest of the boat.