cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good morning I have a 1989 Sea...

Sean65
Guest Contributor

Good morning I have a 1989 Sea Ray 230 Weekender. I would like to install a in hull transducer. Does anybody know if the hull in the engine compartment next to the keel is solid fiberglass or a core. The transducer will work in hull if it’s solid. It would go just fwd of the engine and aft of the fuel tank, just to the left is the keel. 

6 REPLIES 6

ngaydazng7
Guest Contributor
mine is attached there seems to work fine except the temp doesn't read correctly since it not through the hull

Sean65
Guest Contributor
Thank you very much.

Fishtank
Guest Contributor
Hi Sean. I have a 89/90 Amberjack 270. I imagine hull design is similar to yours. I installed a thru hull transducer last spring. It was a little bit scared drilling a hole in the hull! Hull was solid fiberglass resin about 1 1/2 inches thick. Make sure to seal the xducer with a lot of 5200.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The best usage of 5200 is on someone else's boat.

Sean65
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the reply

ngaydazng7
Guest Contributor
I have a 1990 220 DA similar to yours I have a hummingbird in hull works great except water temp which is best for fishing (I assume this is not strictly a fishing boat) I would think a thermometer would be easy enough to install without putting a hole below the waterline just a sugestion