cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello.  We have a 1994 270 Sundancer....

ESPMN
Guest Contributor

Hello.  We have a 1994 270 Sundancer.  The port side backrest is rotten and we want to have it fixed.  Does anyone know how to remove it and possibly have any sort of guide?  It appears we need to take the ceiling curtain off inside the boat but I don’t want to willy  nilly  start taking things apart.  

I’m also curious if anyone knows of any good customization sites for these boats.  Our transom seat rest also rotted out and we’d like to do something different to expand the space in the rear of the boat.   

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Is an image available showing the problem?

Frequently when a panel like that is attached to the boat, Christmas tree fasteners are used for retention, push on / pull off. My 2000 380DA has the padded cockpit side panels retained to the inner hull using those fasteners.

On my boat, other panels are screwed or bolted with fasteners that are hidden, unless laying down looking up.

Doesn't the transom seat already fold up to flush, out of the way? What is hoped for that customization?

ESPMN
Guest Contributor
I have to shrink the photos.

The transom seat was a fold up. It’s the back test that is rotten, not the seat. What I was hoping to do was build a smaller backrest but still have the option to use the old seat so we can setup the sun bed mainly for resale.

As far as the port side, the hooks along the gunwhale allows for the piece to be lifted, but along the front wall it’s definitely attached from inside the salon.

Stu2
Guest Contributor
There was a change in the rear seat design at the 93-94 model change over. Please send or post a picture so the list can make sure we're on the same page
Stuart