cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey everyone, my husband and I...

High_Maintenanc
Guest Contributor

Hey everyone, my husband and I just joined the Sea Ray club with our (new to us) 1989 220 DA. We are on the hunt for some parts that are missing on our boat. Any help is greatly appreciated!

12 REPLIES 12

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

Did your husband select your screen name/

Good luck w/ your new boat.

What parts are being sought?

High_Maintenanc
Guest Contributor
No LOL the reason this boat was sold to us because the guy we bought it from ended up putting a new block in it and water pump and a bunch of other parts. My husband and I both decided to name it High Maintenance LOL after all the work that has been done to it. Our boat has the flip flop drivers bench seat and we are currently missing one of the brackets. Apparently one of the previous owners put in aftermarket captains seats which we have removed. We are trying to keep this boat as original as we can.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Why not post an image showing the required part?

High_Maintenanc
Guest Contributor
Im currently at work but as soon as i get home ill snap a picture of the bracket we need.

High_Maintenanc
Guest Contributor
This is the seat bracket we need. It is for the flip flop seat

wingless
Rising Contributor
Thanks for the image.

Looong shot, check w/ the local Sea Ray parts department. If no joy, see if the part number can be provided. Another looong shot, www.fpmarine.com, I didn't find it on their web site.

Another possibility is to see if the manufacturer of the seat can be determined, then contact that manufacturer.

That part would be "easy" for any mechanical shop to replicate / fabricate. Machine two flat parts out of stainless, then weld together. My guestimate is ~$400 to create that part.

wingless
Rising Contributor
Note that a fabricated part would be slightly different / better, because the original part is stamped, making the edges having a different finish. A fabricated part would have smooth edges.

High_Maintenanc
Guest Contributor
Thank you so much. I appreciate your help

High_Maintenanc
Guest Contributor
Okay another question. We have this on our dash and when we hook it up it beeps consistently. There is a black box under the dash too. Any help us appreciated

wingless
Rising Contributor
That is an old and obsolete depth gauge.

Even the manufacturer discontinued providing information on that instrument.

All of the reviews include "avoid".

A functional depth gauge is required, so select one that meets the requirements.

High_Maintenanc
Guest Contributor
Okay thank you. Another question or two. Where can we get a replacement fresh water pump? Does the fridge run without shore power or do we have to have shore power. And where can we find a switch to raise the foot (not the trailer switch the regular switch).

wingless
Rising Contributor
You are welcome.

Any marine online or brick and mortar store has a replacement fresh water pump. Here is one on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Shurflo-2088-554-144-Fresh-Gallons-Minute/dp/B00C1M6B1C/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=marine+water+pump&qid=1599179959&sr=8-1

No joy locating an online Owner's Manual for anything close to your model year, so direct inspection from you will be required for the next questions.

All of the marine refrigerator's I have seen either have a Danfoss BD35 or a BD50 compressor system, including a controller module. These are dual input voltage devices, accepting either the +12VDC or the 120VAC input voltage, converting it to the internal voltages required to drive the three phase compressor.

This topic shows my Danfoss refrigerator repair. It has lots of info and links. It also shows the diagnostic LED I added that is visible from the cabin to understand why the 'fridge isn't happy in the future.

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f115/wingless-danfoss-bd50f-101n0500-refrigerator-problems-218711.html

That style boat typically has a single lever for each engine, forward / neutral / reverse w/ a switch on the lever for changing the outdrive trim attitude. Doesn't that exist on the boat?