cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi All.  Bought my first Sea Ray...

Mr__Larry
Guest Contributor

Hi All.  Bought my first Sea Ray in spring:  a 1986 390 Express Cruiser, in good condition.  I'm still in the "honeymoon" phase.  However, the 100 gallon fresh water tank leaks.  (Found during Survey)  I'm planning on having it replaced this winter.  The shop here suggests a plastic tank, around 45-50 gallons, in place of the existing 100 gallon metal tank.  I'm good with that.  Anyone done this / can recommend a plastic tank or source?  I'm looking forward to picking up a little extra storage space, likely will never need more than 50 gallons of fresh water.  (Don't plan on going out of the Chesapeake Bay.  In Southern Maryland, near Solomons.

2 REPLIES 2

quack
Guest Contributor
Hi I replaced my water tank in a trojan 32.was very easy in that boat.Bought the tank from a company in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Kendor marine corp. Had many sizes and good prices not sure on shipping .

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
Larry is your 390 located at the Solomons Yachting Center by any chance? David Able can probably source that tank for you. He has been in the business for a long time, and knows where to go to get these oddities. I keep my 460 Convertible there BTW.