cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 1987 34 sedan bridge looking...

quack
Guest Contributor

I have a 1987 34 sedan bridge looking for people with same or close to share problems and ideas with.

15 REPLIES 15

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
What kind of ideas are you looking for? I have an '87 460 Convertible that I have been slowly working on.

quack
Guest Contributor
Not sure if you have the the same issues I have. Shower and fridge drain into bilge.Been trying to find how they ran drain to bilge but havn't been able to trace it. Also thinking of putting fresh water tank in for toilet. Thanks for the reply.

Pat

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
My showers and Air conditioners drain into a sump in the front of my forward bilge. That sump is pumped out by a rule 1500GPM pump. I have vacuflush heads that use fresh water for the heads, but I have a 150 gallons of fresh water storage on board.

quack
Guest Contributor
Mine does the same but I don't like the fact that the shower drains into bilge.Never pumps out totally leaving a slime and smell if it sits.Would like to put a closed pump out in but can't find where shower drain line can be accessed. I need a very small person to get into bilge to hook it up there.

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
Is there no lid on your sump? Mine has a clear lexan lid on it that is sealed with butyl tape. I don't get any smells from it. The hoses appear to be a PIA to access from the shower drain end, but they are accessible at the sump end.

quack
Guest Contributor
No enclosed sump and is very difficult to access drain end was hoping to get to line under shower some where have found nothing. Looks like I'll have to find a very small person to install closed sump.

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
I will be back down at my boat this afternoon, I will grab a couple of pictures of my setup for you. The lid on mine almost looks like someone's afterthought, probably for that very reason.

quack
Guest Contributor
thanks

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
So I stopped by the boat (current storing Christmas presents there) and completely forgot to grab pictures of the sump in the bilge. I will get them, I have now asked my wife to remind me to grab them when I go back down there.

quack
Guest Contributor
No problem don't make special trip.That's where I keep presents also.

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
I finally got back down to take pictures of my forward bilge.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gz1M8WDPncvYmVhk7

quack
Guest Contributor
Thanks a lot looks like good Idea wish I had that much room I will send pic next time I go to boat.

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
It takes a little bit for me to get down into that hole, once I am there, I rely on my wife to hand me anything that I need. The older I get, the less flexible I become. I have bony elbows, so it tends to make me work faster when I do go down there.

quack
Guest Contributor
Sorry it took me so long to write back took pictures went to send found can only send 2gb working on how to do that. Did find that if I go down head first I can just reach drain.

gtstang462002
Guest Contributor
When working in the tight spaces it is kinda like figuring out where all the pieces of the puzzle fit(most of the pieces are your body parts). I work around the file limit size by using outside storage like Dropbox or Google and drive.