cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi guys i have a 87 41aft cabin...

stcldjim
Guest Contributor

Hi guys i have a 87 41aft cabin can any one direct to a link or have knowledge about the toilet system? Also an electrical schematic ?

15 REPLIES 15

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

This is the Owner's Manual for the 88 415 Aft Cabin, so it may be close enough for your boat.

https://bbg1.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#E0000000Z21E/a/E00000000UBz/WUaT1CW0wip3L5BII3nwGOLqB07J1mpXgPkhFyvXz3M

The linked manual has some electrical info, but the wiring diagrams for those early boats was a dealership service document, not pages within the Owner's Manual as exists in later / current boats.

stcldjim
Guest Contributor
Yeah i have that not a lot of technical data tho. I don’t have a clue how the toilet system is supposed to work. I know i have a bad massarator getting that today. The aft toilet seems to be working when it is flushed you hear a vacuum then the pump runs for about a minute after,,,does that sound wright?

wingless
Rising Contributor
What type of head system components, model numbers, manufacturer, etc?

stcldjim
Guest Contributor
The only name plate i could locate was on the toilets....looked everywhere. The name plate on the toilet was sea land.. found some spare parts labeled sealand said for vacuflush travelers toilets.

wingless
Rising Contributor
The Sea Land Vacuflush toilet is a great system when used and maintained properly.

The vacuum generator must run to restore the vacuum to the head after each flush. The operating time depends on the distance and on the health of the system.

Things like the duckbill (Joker) valves and any leaks will affect vacuum restoration time and duration between idle vacuum restoration cycles.

Yes, a minute to restore vacuum sounds on the long side, but acceptable.

On my system I perform an annual PM of complete empty, disassembly, inspection, cleaning and reassembly, to ensure all remains good. I also use a long brush to scrub the inside of the holding tank w/ powder cleaner. The level sensors are cleaned at that time too.

On mine, whenever I flush solid waste, I first fill the bowl w/ water then hold down the flush lever until I hear the audible sound change when the hose the vacuum generator gets empty.

stcldjim
Guest Contributor
Thanks Wingles for sharing your knowledge. Big help!!! Where would the duckbill be located? I am assuming this a vacuum generator ?

stcldjim
Guest Contributor
T

wingless
Rising Contributor
You are welcome.

Thanks for the image.

Yes, the image shows the head vacuum pump, the macerator pump and the VT head vacuum accumulator tank.

The head vacuum pump has four duckbill valves, two on each side of the pump, within the screw / clamp fittings. The macerator pump has two duckbill valves w/ similar placement.

The image shows that there has been leakage. That problem should be resolved by the service. The Joker valve has a lip, used for mounting and sealing. The disassembly / reassembly and possible replacement should restore the leaking seal to proper operation.

Note that it is easy to over tighten the fittings, causing a permanent distortion of the Joker valve, causing them to remain partially open, increasing the idle time cycling due to that vacuum leak. The fittings should be snug, not really tight.

wingless
Rising Contributor
It would be good to eliminate the wire nuts and instead complete those electrical connections w/ proper marine crimp connectors.

stcldjim
Guest Contributor
Rodger that on the wire nuts. I looks like a red wire pulled out of the wire nut i have the macerator pump to discharge the holding tank off waiting on that before i can run it again.
Thanks will keep you posted

MnMwaterlife
Guest Contributor
As of yesterday I have "dove" into the sanitation dept... 1st stop.. 2 "poosuckers" to rebuild.. & they are very proud of the parts.. lookin like @ least 650$ to start.. geese! I see why you wax & polish your system wingless!

stcldjim
Guest Contributor
Got the macerator pump installed. Thinking it was not oem . Reading the instructions said the pump needs to be installed below the holding tank. That can’t happen. Holding tank was close to empty and didn’t pump out... maybe if tank was full...

stcldjim
Guest Contributor
Tracking down piping it looks like the aft toilet goes to a vacuum pump then to the accumulator tank the to the holding tank.
The forward tank goes to a vacuum pump then to the holding tank. Wingless is that rite? Each system has its own circuit breaker
Aft toilet works forward toilet won’t hold water. Going to change toilet seal and see if that works

stcldjim
Guest Contributor
I’m kinda quezzy....hair trigger gag feature.
If that’s not the problem might out source the job ... why would the put a sewer system in an a/c return air? Just wondering

wingless
Rising Contributor
This link shows the Dometic T Series discharge pump instructions.

The instructions show the pump must be above the tank, not below, to prevent waste overflow during maintenance or repair.

https://www.leesan.com/uploaded_files/datasheets/t%20series%20installation.pdf

It sounds like there are two independent head systems, sharing a common holding tank. If correct, then each head requires a vacuum reservoir.

One system is shown in the previously provided image, showing a vacuum pump and a VT reservoir.

If there is an additional pump, but no additional VT reservoir, then the other typical solution is one of their vacuum generator (VG) solutions. That is a vacuum pump attached to a vacuum reservoir. Mine uses a VG2, shown in the link.

https://seacoastservices.com/vacuum-generator-vg2/