cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sea Ray owner needs help. I...

Cjtpilot
Guest Contributor

New Sea Ray owner needs help. I just bought a 87 Sundancer 250, water tested fine, in my driveway electrically was ok everything working. Now I have no power to any of the switches, starter wont turn over nothing. Motor trim works, batteries are good (tested) new perko switch. 

So electrical guru’s what’s next step? Is there a fuse panel or something I am not finding?

3 REPLIES 3

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

You weren't planning on this lasting forever, were you?

Those early boats did not include the wiring diagram. That was / is a dealership document.

A Brutus Force diagnostic is required.

My preference for this type of fix is to use my hand held DC voltage meter and a large alligator clip negative (black) test lead clamped onto the negative buss bar, permitting the positive (red) test lead to poke around to discover the problem.

Starting at the battery, through the main fuse, then the main cut off switch, to the engine and the rest of the boat.

My engines have a high current fuse right where the main power enters. It is cube shaped.

My boat (2000 380DA) has circuit breaker panels feeding other panels, so off or tripped on one will kill power to the other.

High_priority
Guest Contributor
Should be a 50 amp reset on the engine in the wiring harness may need to replace

Noble
Guest Contributor
I had to replace every rocker switch as they all had a "sweet spot" in them - just too old. I have an 82 Sundancer 260 - so maybe similar issues. I actually paid a dealer to replace all the wiring as well as I just didn't want unreliability out on the water.
I'm not as much help as wingless though.