cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are new to this site and I hope...

WillJ
Guest Contributor

We are new to this site and I hope this is the appropriate place to ask the following?

We are working on the loop on our 390 motor yacht and have done the east coast. We are heading south for the winter and I am wondering how folks overcome not being able to run the fridge for extended times when in an anchorage or mooring? We are thinking about adding solar panels? Any feedback is appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

Jus_Passin_Thru
Guest Contributor
We have a 40 MY, if running refrdg only consumes 5 ah. Running refrdg ony for 9/10 hrs including achor light we still have 12,4 volts . Running generator 2 x a day for 2 hrs each seems to keep battries charged. Key monitor amps. We have all led lights as well. Let me know how that works for you.

Oscar1
Guest Contributor
I carry a Honda 2000 generator that I run on and off when anchored. Saves on fuel running the genny and is very quiet. Can run it for 8-10 hours on a gallon of gas. It assists in charging the batteries and can run several things at once on the amperage.

mech1
Guest Contributor
We stay on our boat from Friday night until Sunday night in the water and run the Honda 2000 to keep the batteries changed