cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 Sundeck 240 w/350 MAG and...

TVECman
Guest Contributor

2011 Sundeck 240 w/350 MAG and Bravo III outdrive with SmartCraft gauges. I recently had to replace starter and also had a bad battery. Changed both batteries to DEKA Intimidators. Was getting a "CRITICAL LOW VOLTAGE ALARM (164 STBD)" before the battery change, hence why I changed both batteries. I'm still getting the alarm after the change even though the gauges show 12.8v with key on and 14.3-14.4v at idle on muffs. I have checked and cleaned all connections at the batteries and everywhere else that I know to and always get ~12.8v.. My question is two-fold, does anyone know the threshold for what is considered low voltage for the vessel? And also, could it be that the alarm is just "leftover" from the previous bad battery? My nearest certified shop is 3.5 hours away so any help is greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

Wesley
Guest Contributor
You just need to reset the error codes. They are "leftover"; however I don't knownthe process, my dealer reset mine.

TVECman
Guest Contributor
For anyone following, problem was corrected by removing all accessory wires from the positive and negative clamp posts and placing them on the threaded posts. We also unplugged all wiring harnesses at the SmartCraft hub underneath the dash and plugged them back in. The combination of these two things appears to have corrected the problem. No reset was needed.