cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depth Transducer (Thru Hull)

TimUSMC
Guest Contributor

Hey guys,

Quick question. I have a 2018 230 SLX with the Smartcraft Tach. The thru Hull transducer doesn’t seem to be working. Looks like it was replaced once already before I purchased it because I found the old one in a storage compartment under the engine cover. When I cycle through the menu on the tach for the depth finder it comes up as NO DATA. is there a way or do you need to reset it if the transducer has been replaced? Don’t like driving around new places without knowing what the depth is. I’ve looked in my manual but can’t really find anything, unfortunately I do not have a manual for the smartcraft guage, the original owner lost it, I’ve seen some out there as free downloads but can’t tell if it’s actually the one I need or not. Anyway, any ideas you guys could give me would be great!  Thanks!  

3 REPLIES 3

Captain_Zero
Guest Contributor
You should be able to go to owners page on searay.com and download user manual. And Semper Fi my brother!

TimUSMC
Guest Contributor
Captain Zero thanks for that. Turns out the dealer will need to remove the transducer and the PCM and send it back to Mercury Marine to be reprogrammed. Unfortunately I will have to wait till the end of the season because it will be about a 3-4 week turnaround on return. So I’ve got an appointment later on so I’m not missing out in the rest of the season. This had happened to the previous owner as well when he purchased the boat brand new. Now it’s happening again with only 30 hours on it.

Semper Fidelis to you as well! Be safe and happy boating brother.

Jwill8957
Guest Contributor

Hey Tim. Did you ever figure out the cause? I just purchased the same boat and mines doing the exact same thing. Thanks in advance