cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Afternoon Fellow Sea Ray Owners: First...

2022_SDX270
Guest Contributor

Good Afternoon Fellow Sea Ray Owners:

First I hope everyone is having a GREAT Labor Day Weekend! I wish I was out on the Lake - ALAS - someone has to work 😞

We are ordering a new 270SDX. I have spoken to SEVERAL current Owners about the interior color options - particular the "Dune" and Tan flooring. All LOVE the way it looks but ALL indicated it is too HOT to walk on or sit on during the summer months. That will NOT fly with my family. Apparently the tan SeaDek Flooring is fine to walk on (swim platform or in the interior area).

Because of the universal comments about the Dune being too hot, we will order either Ivory or Grey upholstery with and the Gray "snap in infinity woven vinyl flooring (Gray SeaDeK on swim platform).

My question to all - pro's con's on Grey or Ivory - especially as it relates to temperature. We keep our Boat on Lake Martin in Alabama - so summers are warm. A bit concerned about Ivory (basically white) showing dirt etc. We do "dry store" the boat when we are not at the lake - so it goes inside.

Our current '09 240Sundeck has off white (Ivory??) and it is fine to sit on without a towel (has carpet flooring). Will sell the boat once the new one arrives in the spring ...

Thanks for any comments with experience/suggestions on color!!

Happy Boating,

Bill

3 REPLIES 3

BRUCE_SEA
Guest Contributor
Bill, we purchased a new 2019 270SDX, we were able to have a test day with the dune color for a day, that was all it took for us to lock in on the white interior color, we wipe it down before and after every ride, it takes no time and looks like new, we are in south Florida so the white makes a huge difference, we very seldom use the carpet as that can really burn your feet

2022_SDX270
Guest Contributor
THANK YOU for the info. When you say you rarely use the “carpet” is that the “Snap In infinity woven vinyl flooring” or actual carpet or tan vinyl flooring?

BRUCE_SEA
Guest Contributor
The snap in infinity woven vinyl, much cooler floor with it not installed, just wish it didn’t have the screw in snaps mounted in the floor. The last time we used it was 2019 when we got the boat, the stick on floor is hotter then the infinity. Good luck on your new 270 we love ours